“Cheap and Cheerful” 3 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montauk
Montauk Motel
South Edison Street, Montauk, NY 11954   |
Ranked #31 of 39 hotels in Montauk
Whitwick, UK
“Cheap and Cheerful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Large room and lots of space, but with a rather unpleasant odour which never went away during our 3 day stay. Very dated in terms of decor, and with a 'luxury kitchen' that contained a very scant set of crockery and a cooker from the dark ages! Nice bthroom with only a small amount of mould.
On a positive note the owners were very pleasant and accommodating and the price was good too.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

The motel is right in the heart of where you want to be in Montauk - short walk to the beach, to shops and to delicious meals. My husband & I rented bikes nearby & rode to the lighthouse. The best part of our days were returning to the Motel, to sitting outside our room & watching the sunset. The only regret was not having enough time to go swimming in the pool or to do some cooking outside with the grills provided - definitely going back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed at the Montauk Motel this past labor day weekend and had a great time.

Pros: Awesome location- just one short block to town and two blocks to the beach. Friendly staff and great price (best price in town). Fridge in the room for drinks etc. Outside area was nice and pool was nice although we used the beach instead.

Cons: Room was smelly, bed was small and not very comfortable and towels were tiny and crunchy. I was grossed out by the room but my boyfriend couldn't have cared less.

I rated it a 3 because I would book it again since it was a great value for the Hamptons and the location was outstanding. If you don't plan on staying in your room and you are not picky then this is a good place to stay. If you need spcious, nice accomodaions then book elsewhere. For just the weekend the place was fine and it was only an $8 cab ride to most of the bars we wanted to go to (Ruschmeyers, Crows Nest and Surf Lodge. I'll be back next summer.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Olivebridge, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

comfortable, clean and convenient- we are a family of 3 and had a great stay. Everyone there was nice and helpful and the place had everything we needed. Not the loud party places on the beach, but a relaxed environment a couple of blocks from the beach and around the corner from town. FANTASTIC, thanks!

Room Tip: Just tell Claire what your needs are, and book several months in advance for the busy season.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

I am an artist and live in the city. I have become very fond of the Motauk Motel having stayed there 7 stays in the last couple of years. When I visit there i get the Peace and Quiet I am looking for . The staff is warm and feels like family. What a releif to sleep in such a fresh smelling very clean home like getaway. Where I can even enjoy cooking in the mini kitchen.the beach is a shart walk awat and when their is no wind you can even hear the sounds of the ocean!

Room Tip: ask for kitchen and bathtub
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

The Montauk Motel has been home away from home for a couple of years now.My partner and myself enjoy Montauk year round with all of its outdoor activities etc.I love the fact that I can go shopping for groceries and go back to the room and cook a feast.(rooms fully equipped with cooking/eating utensils)After a long hike or surf,i know I can rest in a quiet peaceful place.The staff there couldn't be nicer,always available.The room we stayed in last week was just renovated so everything was clean and spiffy.When we visit montauk or anywhere we like to meet and hang with the locals to get a feel for the location and its culture and that is what we feel when we stay there.I will stay there until I can live in Montauk someday.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

The staff was friendly and welcoming at this family owned motel. We stayed in a cottage for one night. It was warm, roomy and comfortable. Actually, we were surprised by how nice the cottage was. There was a flat screen tv mounted in the living room. The water pressure was excellent in the shower. The cottage had a lovely deck that I imagine would be very nice in the summer.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Montauk Motel? Share your experiences!