“good value if you can stand the noise” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Culloden House Motel

Culloden House Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montauk
Culloden House Motel
You added Culloden House Motel to your Saves list
540 West Lake Dr., Montauk, NY 11954   |
Ranked #31 of 40 Hotels in Montauk
philadelphia
“good value if you can stand the noise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

It's tough finding something in Montauk for under $100 during the shoulder season, and this hotel fit the bill. Basic accommodations, decent size room, location in outside of the town center, by the harbor. We were on bikes, next time we'd stay somewhere more centrally located. The main drawback was the noise - the walls I paper thin and I mean paper. We heard constant trudging around upstairs, an endless argument, which I can repeat point by point, next door, and the banter of a pack of fairly guys seemingly from every direction. I don't know how unlucky we might have been re the day's guests, but the same guests at a different hotel might not have been as intrusive, again, due to the lack of any soundproofing. The other minor problem was a wet carpet in the area of the fridge, which was not fixed expeditiously. I wouldn't NOT recommend this hotel, but because of the noise, wouldn't recommend it either.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
L.I.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

Stayed two years in a row and will go back for a third. Nice room, nice view and close to Gosman's and other dining and shopping. A drive from the center of Montauk but the area is quiet and peaceful. Close to the Sound and good swimming!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
NORTH FORK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

Spent the night recently at Culloden House before a Striped Bass trip in Montauk. Stayed overnight in order to get up early and right to the boats and dock. Is it this the place for a roamntic weekend or a family vacation ? i dont think so but if you're looking for a bed and shower and domt care about decor or updated wallpaper this is the place. Reasonable and convenient to the sound. If you wnat to be near the ocean this is not the place you want. I found my room to be clean and tidy. Montauk is overpriced for the accomodations they offer. This is the place to lay your head, sleep, wake up, shower and hit the beach again, Beautiful L I Sound beaches,

Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

First time I have written a review for a place I have not stayed. Unfortunately, the unnecessarily rude manner of the woman who answered the phone when I called about the possibility of a reservation made me feel it was necessary to do so. I am both amazed and shocked at the rude manner in which I was treated by a "customer service professional". You can be assured that I will not be calling again.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

Great service and beach permits avaiable! Stayed with my wife and the value was great. I have stayed at Royal Atlantic that place is horriable conjested and crazy beach everyone and his brother way overpriced as are several other properties we have stayed at out there!!!!!. Culloden House was all that we needed walking distance to resturants so you don't have to drink and drive!
The the gal that cleaned the rooms and front desk couldn't have been nicer. I booked for August 24th and 25th again. That speaks volumes in my book. I travel for business it's not the Marriott or Hyatt but nothing out there is! Very confortable...

Kevin

• Liked — The way i was treated
  • Disliked — Nothing not to like
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

Friendly staff, great location and clean. I couldn't believe how spacious the room was. The only thing I 'd recommend is for them to have a phone in the room so you can call down to the front desk if you needed anything. If you are looking for inexpensive, clean and simple - this is your motel.
Check in was at 3pm and check out was at 11am. Fairly priced ($120 per night including tax). Everything was in walking distance (ie Shops, market, harbor and Viking Ferry which takes you to Block Island). Overall very pleased with my experience.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ALICIA116
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2007

2005 got married, did not have enough money for a fly away honeymoon,
so we had a mini-moon in montuak, we had a room at culloden house, loved it back door to a porch, beach is walking distance, good sea food. if you do not have a car, can not afford to rent one, little bus will take you to town or taxi are cheap. we will try to go back every year for our anniversary.

carmen & michale fuller

• Liked — Very Clean
  • Disliked — No Sure
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Culloden House Motel? Share your experiences!