“If you can past the wait and the noise, the food is worth it” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 95 Restaurants in Montauk
Cuisines: Bar, American, Seafood, Sushi, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Previously located at Westlake Marina, The Clam & Chowder House is now located at Salivar's Dock. We have two full bars, indoor and outdoor seating, a rooftop bar with an amazing view of the harbor with live music on weekends, a full sushi bar, and the freshest seafood around!
Bayside, New York
“If you can past the wait and the noise, the food is worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is our second visit. As with the first the wait was longer than the promised 45 minutes. This time though we sat inside instead of outside. The noise level was like a school cafeteria, not helped by a table of 5 women with three unruly boys of about 7 years old. A patron finally told them to behave! That being said the food is good. We had grilled swordfish, seared scallops and steak. All tasty and well cooked. Service is spot on despite being late in the season. So I would say go, be prepared for a wait and wait to sit outside.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars

“Locals recommended it, was not disappointed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

We walked from our marina, food was as promised, very good, 4 of us were here on a fishing trip with friends on our friends boat, was my 1st time to Montauk marina. I had the yellow fin tuna blackened as well as my friend, my brother in law and our other friend had the fish & chips (locally caught fresh flounder) they raved about it, also enjoyed Manhattan clam chowder & little neck clams, really enjoyed it all, nice atmosphere, good scenery. You won't be dissatisfied. Enjoy everything was fresh.

Princeton Junction, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grea sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Loves the sushi, the clam chowder and the blackened tuna. The wedge salad was just an "eh" (a creative idea - it came with a few slices of watermelon - that just did not work with the salad dressing they chose). And the pina colada I ordered was not good at all. Expensive mistakes (the drink and the salad were over $20 together), but the rest of the meal more than made up for it. Go early if you don't want to wait.

Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the greatest restaurants in Montauk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

It's a little off the beaten path, but worth going to. It's right off the fishing dock so it has the freshest seafood ever, greatest clam chowder and awesome sushi - don't miss out on this gem of a place.

Visited August 2012
Buffalo, New York
“Scenic and Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Believe it or not, I've had trouble finding fresh fish in Montauk. I get a lot of frozen-at-sea, which shocks me. I was delighted when the waiter told me the fish and chips consisted of fresh, local-caught fluke. The fish actually came breaded, rather than battered, which was sort of unusual, but it was absolutely delicious. While the dish was 20 bucks (feels kind of high), they gave me three large fillets and a mound of made-to-order potato chip french fry hybrid...things, which were also wonderful. The space for seating is plentiful, which is nice as a lot of places in Montauk tend to cram you in like sardines. Everything is casual/no dress code, but with a price slightly higher than most casual dining places. We had about a half hour wait for a table for a party of five.

• Visited August 2012