“Great family vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sands Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montauk
Sands Motel
You added Sands Motel to your Saves list
South Emery St. and South Emerson Ave., Montauk, NY 11954   |
Ranked #28 of 40 Hotels in Montauk
Levittown, New York
“Great family vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Clean, friendly staff, priced right. My family and I have been stay at the Sand for many years now. The staff is always helpful with my many requests. There are many of us, my family now includes grandchildren and the motel is very child friendly. We were 17 in all and everyone had a great time.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
diane11954, Manager at Sands Motel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Joan B,

Thank you so much for your review - we are always so pleased to have your family with us. So great to see all of the kids growing up throughout the years. Have a wonderful summer and we'll see you all next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Farmingdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed with a second couple Friday 6/21. We only found out the last minute we were able to get away for the week. The Sands was the only room left for Friday night under $325. I totally expected to be disappoint.
Well the place was beautiful. The staff very friendly. The room was such a terrific surprise. Spacious and airy with wonderful old Montauk style notty pine paneling and room decor. Brand New bathroom. Full kitchen. There were decks on both ends the ocean sidehad a beautiful view.
Most of Montauk since our last visit seems to be in a progression toward gentrifacation. The old mom and pop charm is being replaced by overpriced "high end"
The Sands is still down to earth Montauk.

• Stayed June 2013
diane11954, Owner at Sands Motel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Mister Anthony,

Thank you for your kind words. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are very proud of the fact that we are one of the last of the "mom and pop" establishment. We work very hard to ensure that rooms are clean and well kept. We hope that we will see you again on your next visit to Montauk.
Baldwin, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My family has enjoyed staying at the Sands on four occasions. The rooms are clean, affordable and the location is perfect for walking to shops and dining. When my family joins us, we may need five or six rooms. The staff has always been warm, curteous and helpful. Thank you for making Montauk a wonderful family reunion destination. Keep up the great work! We will be back next year. The Cooper Family

Room Tip: Make sure your room has the bed or beds you need to accomodate your stay. Not all the rooms have two...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
diane11954, Manager at Sands Motel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Leila C,

Thank you for your kind words. It is always a pleasure to have your family join us each year for your reunion!! We look forward to seeing you again next year having putting aside your favorite rooms already!! Have a great summer!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at the Sands this past weekend for the 2nd time in 2 years, and was very happy again, this time we had one of the the suites, which was probably more room than my wife and I needed but was great. Location is great, the property is right across the street from the beach, and I will say the beach area in front of the motel is great, it is much larger than the beach near the other motels on the beach, so it is never crowded, which makes it much easier to relax. Also you can walk into town for breakfast, lunch or dinner and not have to worry about driving or taxi's. The room is a little outdated, but for a beach motel, was perfect, bed was clean and comfortable, we had a kitchen, with a full refrigerator, so we were able to store food and drinks with no problem, and we had a nice living room area. All in all, this is a great property for the price, I have stayed at other properties in Montauk and I will say for the price that this is one of the best.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
diane11954, Manager at Sands Motel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Nick T,

Thank you so much for your review and we are so glad that you enjoyed your weekend. We work very hard to insure that our rooms are extremely clean and the suites have brand new sleeper sofas, decorative lamps, new curtains, venetian blinds. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hudson, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I were married on April 17, 1965 and we spent our first night together in this Motel. We stayed in a room on the second floor and as you're looking at the Motel from the front, it was the first room on the left. We hope to stay there again on our next visit. The owner was very, very nice to both of us and I understand from our last visit there, that his son now has taken ownership. Love it and can't wait to stay there again in the near future.

Room Tip: I would like to stay in the same room that we had on our honeymoon, but I'm sure that any room i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
di2254, Owner at Sands Motel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for writing your memories of our motel. Our grandparents were actually here in 1965 along with my uncle. Our parents and my siblings came out to begin helping in 1971 when my grandfather took ill so this is third generation that is here now. On behalf of my brother and sister, we look forward to meeting you when you come to Montauk
PARIS,FRANCE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Onsite Safety/Security: Justifiably unregistered non-paying guests pay for services so there are no freeloaders or unknowns using of property! Location: Quiet. Excellent beach across the road, very easy walking to town shops, supermarket. Rooms: Simple, clean, comfortable. Staff: Helpful, professional. Highly Recommend: Will return!! Value: Great for the money!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Bethpage, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Good room little outdated the owners not that friendly of the hotel great location for the beach and restaurants overall good for a weekend get away . I would come back if the price was a little better .We rented the deluxe suite and was far form deluxe ...For 200 a night I expected a nicer place but the view form the room made up for what the room was lacking ..

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Sands Motel? Share your experiences!