“A pretty good place for a nice dinner in Montauk” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 86 Restaurants in Montauk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Description: American, contemporary, freestyle cuisine & Sushi Bar. Locally Harvested Seafood,with always a few Hearty Meat Dishes, Vegan & Vegetarian Menu Options as well.
London/Philadelphia/Florida
“A pretty good place for a nice dinner in Montauk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had a nice dinner at The Coast, which serves a different menu every night, based on what is freshly caught and available. I had a super-fantastic slab of melt-in-your-mouth seared tuna served on top of a heap of meh black couscous and some kind of winter vegetable puree. My friend had the roasted-beet-and-blue-cheese salad, and was in heaven. It's not cheap, but nothing in the Hamptons is, and The Coast offered better value than many other places. The decor is a bright and cheerful nautical theme.

The only problem we had was finding the place. We called for directions, which turned out to be useless. The directions on the Web site are useless. Here's how you get there - drive into "the circle," that area where White's Department Store is located, and when you get to the Irish pub - look to your left. See that seven-story "tower" building? There is a street in front of it. Turn down that street. The Coast is on the next block.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bellerose, New York
“Good Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I couldn't stop eating all the food because it all tasted fantastic! The sushi was so fresh and the drinks were so good especially a drink called the Cabin Cooler; I felt like I was having a day at the spa. All the food was excellent and I walked out full and satisfied. I haven't been to a well put together restaurant like this in a while!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best food in Montauk...Hands down!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I have been to Montauk only a handful of times but when I do I look forward to the food. Last night my girlfriend and I decided to check this place out. Right from the start the staff was kind and attentive. The food was absolutely amazing! No other restaurant in the surrounding areas even compare. You must check this restaurant out!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Islip, New York
“Great food and ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I tried this restaurant after the railings and we weren't disappointed! Great food and nice portions! We had the fish n chips, fresh little neck clam pizza and California and the coast sushi rolls All delicious! A bit pricy but this is montauk and the food was good enough to make us feel the prices were h
Justified! Would go back again

New York City, New York
“Love the Coast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stopped in here on our first night upon a recommendation from our inkeeper and we were thrilled we did. Its a great, laid-back restaurant in town. We started with the toasty roasty salad which was delicious. We split a couple of sushi rolls but the standout was definitely the Manhattan roll. And we loved our dessert- a streudel type. Overall it was a great ambiance- you could sit in the lounge or in the dining room. there were some people watching football on the TV at the bar so it had something for everyone.

Visited September 2012