Say if you are travelling with your family, you have your kids, and maybe your parents with you and you are planning to spend a week in Montauk : this place is perfect for you. If you are a couple who is not planning to renting a car and wants to spend a weekend in montauk - not so much. We were in the latter category.
- The water view : It's right on a very calm patch of the sound. You can see the sunset colors on the water from your balcony. Perfect.
- Good value and the staff when they are around are friendly.
- Good clean rooms.
- A full kitchen.
- Closeby to grossman's dock and the restaurants there.
Not so great things
- The beach by the hotel is a very small piece of rocky land full of floatsam by the sound. The "real" beaches are a few miles away. The best beach we saw was the ditch beach.
- There is no staff on the property at nights. Usually this wouldn't matter but we lost power in the middle of the night during a heat wave. I called the emergency number (the manager's cell phone) three or four times and finally got an answer from one of them forty minutes later. Of course once I talked to him he was at the hotel within 10 minutes and fixed the circuit breaker.
- No shampoos in the bathroom
- They don't give you beach towels (this is the first ocean side hotel which I have stayed in that doesn;t)
- About three to four miles drive from the town. So you better have a car as the cabs take their sweet time to show up,
All in all, it's a pretty good value for money if you are going to cook for your self and spend a week or so and plan to drive around. It's NOT a resort. We may be back though, if we plan to stay longer but for a weekend we will look for something close to the town,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Montauk Soundview is a uniquely styled resort hotel, ideally located along the serene coast of the Block Island Sound, and 350 yards West of the Montauk Harbor Inlet on eastern Long Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Montauk Soundview Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montauk Soundview Hotel Montauk