My husband and I were delighted to stumble upon this motel in the Spring of 2012 and went back again in the Fall! Based upon reviews on TripAdvisor, I requested a second floor room with a waterview. Honestly, all rooms must have waterviews, but the suite we stayed in both times was absolutely perfect! The suite contains a large living/kitchen/sleep area, a nice bathroom, and a separate bedroom area. The best part is a huge picture window and deck that looks over the Atlantic Ocean--I could just sit on the deck all day and watch the waves. A short walk across the street brings you to a nice sandy ocean beach. My husband is a surf caster and was delighted to be there for a "blue run" this Fall. The proprietors of the motel are very nice and the rooms are spotlessly cleaned. Both times we went there, we had very nice conversations with other guests. The prices for anything in Montauk go way up on season, but if we could afford it, we'd love to spend some time there during the summer months. For now, we'll be content to go back in the Spring and Fall! John's Pancake House is a must for breakfast, as is The Dock down by Gossman's Dock for dinner. We love Montauk!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean's clean white sandy beaches you will relax and enjoy a spectacular ocean view from all 44 1 and 2 room efficiencies, with A/C Heat, HBO and a balcony to sit and unwind. Outdoor heated pool, Barbecues,short walk to the village and Tee Times at Montauk Downs. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hartman`s Briney Breezes Hotel Montauk
- Hartmans Briney Breezes Hotel
- Hartmans Briney Breezes Montauk