The location of this motel is conveniently situated...the beach is across the street and easy to walk to and the town is a short drive away and also easily accessible by foot. My expectations were low heading to this motel, and I was pleasantly surprised in many ways. The kitchenette was a nice amenity, and I appreciated that it was fully stocked with dishes and silverware, but I get a little grossed out by sharing things like that with countless strangers. The bathroom seemed clean enough, I didn't feel the need to wear flip flops in the shower, but always had them on to walk around the room! But that's just something I do no matter where I go. I didn't see any bugs anywhere in the room, there was no musty smell and I felt comfortable sleeping in the bed. I was a little shocked that the pool was filled with saltwater, but the pool was also a nice amenity. As long as you going knowing that you're not staying at the Ritz, you'll be fine. Montauk is a touristy location, so just know that you will be paying a lot no matter where you stay out there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean's clean white sandy beaches you will relax and enjoy a spectacular ocean view from all 44 1 and 2 room efficiencies, with A/C Heat, HBO and a balcony to sit and unwind. Outdoor heated pool, Barbecues,short walk to the village and Tee Times at Montauk Downs. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hartman`s Briney Breezes Hotel Montauk
- Hartmans Briney Breezes Hotel
- Hartmans Briney Breezes Montauk