“Better than expected...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hartman's Briney Breezes Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montauk
Hartman's Briney Breezes Motel
You added Hartman's Briney Breezes Motel to your Saves list
693 Old Montauk Hwy., Montauk, NY 11954   |
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Montauk
New York City, New York
“Better than expected...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The location of this motel is conveniently situated...the beach is across the street and easy to walk to and the town is a short drive away and also easily accessible by foot. My expectations were low heading to this motel, and I was pleasantly surprised in many ways. The kitchenette was a nice amenity, and I appreciated that it was fully stocked with dishes and silverware, but I get a little grossed out by sharing things like that with countless strangers. The bathroom seemed clean enough, I didn't feel the need to wear flip flops in the shower, but always had them on to walk around the room! But that's just something I do no matter where I go. I didn't see any bugs anywhere in the room, there was no musty smell and I felt comfortable sleeping in the bed. I was a little shocked that the pool was filled with saltwater, but the pool was also a nice amenity. As long as you going knowing that you're not staying at the Ritz, you'll be fine. Montauk is a touristy location, so just know that you will be paying a lot no matter where you stay out there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Purchase, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Harmann's is a Dump. The owner is a liar. If the rooms were $59, it would be a rip off. Our room smelled....there was sand in the bed. The room was damp, musty, dirty, disgustng. I would never stay as such a place.

Room Tip: Never Book a room here!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
East Setauket, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I just finished a five day stay at Briney Breezes. Before going I read a few reviews (even though we have enjoyed maybe five previous visits here). I was shocked to notice a few really negative reviews. I was a little nervous going in, thinking that maybe the management had gone weird or something.

The management has not gone weird!

this was our most pleasant stay yet! Everyone was honestly courteous and happy to see us. Our room was well-kept up and clean. If there was some corrosion on the space heater or caulking problems in the bath it helps to realize that is drectly across the street from the ocean and that beautiful salt air can take its toll. I have been to some hotels near the water that are really in distress. Briney breezes in comparison is beautiful! The bed linens and towels are pristine white and very fluffy. The cleaning service is great. We walked daily into a room that actually smelled clean(nothing better when you've spent the day sweating on hikes and bikes...).

I've read a couple of reviews that distance the hotel from the water. I don't think this is accurate. True we were across the street...but from the beach itself! There are neat walkways through the sand from the road. We were in the furthest room from the water and had an unobstructed view of the horizon and fell asleep to the sound of waves every night.

I honestly recommend this wonderful hotel to anyone. We had the best time and I can't wait to go back!!!

ps....the pool just rocked....

Room Tip: You might want to bring your own pillows to sleep with...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were trying to figure what to do for our honeymoon. So two weeks before I was checking out places after we agreed on Montauk. We wanted a kitchenette and saw the special for studios with kitchenette. We were ended up actually getting a suite instead since that's all they had but management gave it to us for the price of a studio. The place was amazing and clean. Everyone was helpful and friendly. With a great view of the beach. I was telling our friends about our little gated community without the gate. Can't wait to come back for our first anniversary.

• Stayed September 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Good sized-rooms, comfortable beds. Rob & Jennie were delightful & helpful, giving my husband Advil for his back pain and good advice on where to eat. The beach is literally just across the street....couldn't be more convenient. And a lovely view of it from our deck. Only complaint was the hot water ran out in the shower both days we were there. Whichever one of us showered first got the hot water, the next the cold.

East Islip, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Briney Breezes is a fabulous Motel. The rooms are very large with a full kitchen and a King size bed plus a sleeper sofa. The room, the pool, and the grounds are impeccably clean. The balcony and the view are superb. Being a little away from thr busyness of town was realy nice. We only stayed two nights but are planning to return for a longer stay. Thank you for a wonderful time!

Room Tip: second floor gives better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
smithtown, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

my husband & i just returned from a few days at the Briney Breezes. WE found it to be very nice, very clean, nicer than we expected. The beach was lovely, location great - a nice walk into town. Although our kids are oldere, we found it to be very kid friendly & are planning to come back the same time next year with our extended family - as it seemed many of the people there were doing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hartman's Briney Breezes Motel? Share your experiences!