“Fabulous location - great vacation.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Burcliffe "By The Sea"

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montauk
Burcliffe "By The Sea"
You added Burcliffe "By The Sea" to your Saves list
397 Old Montauk Hwy., Montauk, NY 11954   |
New York
“Fabulous location - great vacation.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We just spent a week in one of the cottages at Burcliffe by the Sea. Having seen the photos, I wasn't expecting too much in terms of comfort (chose it for location, good reviews and an affordable price for a week's stay) but it was quite nice. We had a private patio, grill, side yard and the cottage had all our family of four needed. The beds were comfortable, even the pullout couch was fine, according to my son. The owners were very nice and accommodating and the location could not have been better. Right across the street is a magical looking path that leads to the most spectacular ocean beach. It was never crowded and actually there were very few people on this beach, even in the middle of July. Was a quick drive into town or to the bay if the ocean was too rough, so that was a nice option. Although a hotel, the cottage was so private that we felt like we were renting a house and being minutes from the beach was as good as it gets. Place was also nicely landscaped and the room was clean.

Room Tip: Our cottage was the farthest one back from the road (closest to the smaller rooms in the hotel which...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Yaphank, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Just back from staying at Burcliffe by the Sea from Thursday to Sunday. My wife, dog Tucker and I had a great time staying in studio number four. The daily schedule: early morning visit to the beach directly across the street through a blazed path, morning run, visit to Montauk bake shoppe for egg sandwiches and coffee, drink and relax at the beach off of Navy Road, visit the ocean beach before dinner and then eat out....Burcliffe by the Sea is away from the crowds in town and made for a very relaxing visit. The studio was all we needed with a small refrigerator and freezer, a/c, tv, two beds (one for Tucker), etc.

We also enjoyed the breeze and view of the ocean. The fellow guests were very nice and pleasant. Bob made our trip very simple and easy......thanks again Bob......would recommend Burcliffe by the Sea for those looking for a low key getaway........

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I made my first visit to the Hamptons and to Burcliffe recently and there are just no words to describe how the property, the weather, the private beaches, and wonderful people exceeded my expectations! I am a west coast girl with very little exposure to the east coast beaches, but after this trip, I plan to return as often as possible. The proprieters of Burcliffe were so warm and welcoming, not only to me, but everyone. I was impressed by the impeccable grounds, the nostalgic ambience, and most of all, the serenity you feel at Burcliffe. I have traveled many places, from Hawaii to Europe to Asia, but I truly felt this was my most favorite vacation by far. My only regret is that Trip Advisor only has 5 stars for ratings! :) ... Burcliffe definitely deserves a 10.

Room Tip: Speak with Bob or Lorna about your specific needs and they will help you without question!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Larchmont, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My 15-year-old daughter and I wanted to go to the beach for a couple of days, and I am so happy we found Burcliffe by the Sea! The room was clean and spacious (though not updated) and had a lovely patio with a view of the ocean. The owners were courteous and professional, and best of all the beach was beautiful and pretty much empty. Because Burcliffe is not surrounded by other hotels/motels, it really feels like it has its own private beach! Town is only a 5 minute drive away, We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and I booked Burcliffe at the last minute for Memoral Day weekend. We choice first, on availability and second, because they are pet friendly! It was great to be be able to bring our Morkie pup and have the beach right across the street. The owners were beyond nice and the studios were amazingly clean. We would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Forest Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I work in NYC in a cancer hospital and my days are long. This is the one place where as soon as I get in my car and start driving east I leave my stress behind and I begin to decompress. It is like coming home again...each and every time. I have been going to Burcliffe for way over 10 years. Currently, Robert and Lorna are the main keepers/owners of this long established family run business which only continues to get better and more beautiful with the passing years. It is clean like your mother would keep it clean, safe so you can feel secure and sleep without any worries, private and not crowded and it keeps on getting better. There are new mattresses, new TVs, new carpet, new drapes. Eachand every time I come I discover some new improvement. I could not ask for more becaue the simple pleasures of life are to be enjoyed here.

Room Tip: Bedding, bath towels, hairdryer, pots, pans, glasses, utensils are provided
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Best thing about this place is that it is away from the main stretch of B&B and Motels on Old Montauk Highway, giving it a secluded quietness and tranquility.

It is across the road and the dune from the wide sandy beach. Such a nice feeling to walk briefly up the dune and arrive at our room for a warm shower.

We stayed in oen of the efficiencies. They are on top of a grassy slope, overlooking the Atlantic. I could have stayed on the porch all day if the beach weren't calling to us so strongly.

Our room was very clean. Nice carpeted floor; comfortable couches; equipped with tv and air conditioner, dining table, a double bed and a twin bed. I love the spacious bathroom. The porch had reclining chairs on which we spent much time reading. Between the porch and the room is a large glass door entrance through which sunlight generously pour in.

Our efficiency had a well-equipped kitchen, with fridge + small freezer, microwave, pots and pans, plates and silverware, kettle, coffee maker, tea bags, salt and pepper...

Nowhere to eat nearby so we had lunch in town before arriving, and ordered in for dinner. We could have cooked too if we wanted to.

It was about $10 short cab ride from the main town area where restaurants and shops were. The ride to the train station was also $10.

The owners were gracious and very helpful. We called them several times before we arrived for various advice.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Burcliffe "By The Sea"? Share your experiences!