“Great staff, great bar, and incredible food” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Best waterfront view in Montauk
New Rochelle, New York
“Great staff, great bar, and incredible food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I love Star Island Grill. I visited a last year with a few friends and was amazed with not just the food, but the incredible service as well. When I returned this year, Patty, the lovely lady behind the bar, remembered my drink from my previous visit. I was amazed. The coffee and breakfast selection is amazing. The lobster rolls are incredible. French fires with gravy, delicious. And the dish that I looked forward to all year before my return - The Sam Sandwich.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Yonkers, New York
“Waaayyy overpriced picnic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was very surprised to find this high rated restaurant as under par. My mother and I went out of our way to go to this place because of its high rating on trip advisor, and were sorely disappointed. We went on a rainy day for lunch. The decor is "beachy", with photos of surf & sand, plain picnic tables with plastic tops and benches, overlooking a small pool, with the harbir in the background. Nothing but paper plates and plastic serve ware here. You would think the prices would match the decor!! My mother and I ordered a cup of lobster bisque each and decided to share a calamari salad. The bisque had a layer of grease on top and was very thin. The salad was only greens in a dressing with fried calamari on top. In fairness, there were several calamari pieces and the cook split the salad in two since we were sharing. But the price for our lunch was $53!!!!! 2 paper cups of soup, a shared salad & a Michelob light and a shock top beer?!!!! Way overpriced. The only consolation was the service. I wouldn't eat here again!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Simsbury, Connecticut
“Good food and drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Drinks were delicious, so was the food. The service was great and the servers friendly! The restaurant was in the marina so after dinner we walked along the docks where the was a large shark replica and a boat that was used as a fish tank.

Visited July 2013
“Really awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Extremly fresh fish, crispy sweet potato, lovely breeze, the sound of the sea, friendly staff... what else? We had a lobster bisque, the Lobster Roll, Grilled Tuna and fresh fish Tacos: the soup was really something you can't miss, but the Lobster Roll is their actual master-piece! (Though even the tuna was unmissable). Tacos were OK.

Visited July 2013
Stony Brook, New York
“What a great lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

It was a rainy day in early june in montauk so we left our hotel and set off to explore a new restaurant for us-The Star Island Grill.
We were pleasantly surprised and happy to have a great lunch. My wife had half a cold lobster with salad and i had Molly's salad. We were both very satisfied by our choices and had a very relaxing time and joked with the waitress and talked with the chef.
We plan to go back again in august when we return to montauk for a couple of summer weeks of beach and fine dining.

• Visited June 2013