“It was such a fabulous place to stay and relax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Montauk Hill House

Montauk Hill House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montauk
Montauk Hill House
You added Montauk Hill House to your Saves list
114 Glenmore Ave, Montauk, NY 11954   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Montauk B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“It was such a fabulous place to stay and relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Just pulling up to the Montauk Hill House was a treat in and of itself! they have some sort of giant weeping tree that is amazing. my husband and I called it the magic mushroom tree because it is shaped like a big mushroom. the house is one the most beautiful shingle houses I have ever seen, apparently the owner is a builder. the owner/hosts, Robert and Karin made us feel warm and welcome, as if we were long lost relatives. In fact, they had a few friends for a BBQ and asked us if we wanted to join them. It was delightful! Anyway, you enter the house through this huge castle-like door, and right there in front of you is this curving stone staircase. All the decorations are really beautiful and very cool. We were the first to arrive so we got to see the rooms and choose from three. They were all gorgeous and different, and each had its own bathroom, one of those single serve coffee makers and lots of room for eating, writing, or whatever. Two of the rooms have incredible water views. We chose the room called the blue horizon. I was able to soak in the tub while my husband showered in the self standing shower. The house is quiet and relaxing. I booked a massage, which is given by Karin, and I have to say, it was the best massage I have ever gotten. The massage room is very serene with mahogany and special lighting. I was relaxed before we even started the massage! They claim to have 3 cats, but I didn't see any of them. I did, however, meet their chocolate lab, Zoe, who is very, very sweet. It was so peaceful we slept late and took our time eating breakfast on the balcony overlooking the ocean, lake and sound. After our day at the beach we shared the hammock next to the giant magic mushroom tree! I think it was good luck because I ended up getting a great deal on a painting that the owner painted (she's an artist too, and there is original art all over the house). It was such a fabulous place to stay, it is definitely our Montauk home away from home. (I wish our other home was as nice)!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)

Been to Montauk Hill House? Share your experiences!