“No Better Romantic Getaway for R&R” 5 of 5 stars

Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   290 Old Montauk Highway, Montauk, NY 11954   |
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Montauk
Massachusetts
“No Better Romantic Getaway for R&R”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

My wife and I go to Gurney's for Valentine's Day and around Thanksgiving.
With the around the year staff, you're guaranteed the best food and service and the Spa and it's facilities are 5 star. You're treated with respect and courtesy and the rooms are beautiful. I'm in the business of remodeling and property management and Gurney's has all the details and amenities, from bed to bathroom.
We vacation in Montauk in the summers yet we rarely have the need or desire to leave Gurneys property in the off season. When we do, Murphy's Pub in town is our place.
The Spa at Gurney's is bliss. The baths, the pool, the steam rooms, the workout gym; everything is first class, clean and up to date.
The prices may seem high but with the food vouchers for dinner and breakfast you're only paying for drinks and appetizers with dinner and breakfast is a wash. Can't say enough about the food. Breakfast is fantastic and dinner menu's are perfect.
To prove our love of Gurneys and Montauk, we travel there from Massachusetts.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

I took my then boyfriend (now fiance) to celebrate his 30th birthday at Gurney's. We had a couple's massage, spend the day at the spa had a great dinner (included). We visited the lighthouse for sunset and sunrise. Breakfast was so good and we couldn't even finish the amounts of food. Everything was perfect.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Paramus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Our US based team was tasked with hosting European colleagues for an intense week of meetings. While Montauk is a hike from JFK, especially after a long flight, I will never regret booking with Gurney's!

The property is beautiful, the staff was lovely and each and every one of them gave our group the royal treatment. Each guest room assigned to our group faced the ocean and our meeting room had glass doors that opened up to a sundeck. Even though it was off season we had warm weather and every person in the group walked the beach at one point or another. This was a profound experience for some of my european colleagues.

Each meal was better than the next, they were accomodating to special dietary needs and I think I gained 5 pounds from the amazing baked goods.

The spa was glorious completely relaxing with overthetop body scrubs, massage and swiss showers! We didn't want the treatments to end!

The staff even arranged for a tour of Montauk to the lighthouse and other area attractions and golf for those intersted. Shopping was just a short drive away in East Hampton.

People cannot stop talking about this event and If I ever have the opportunity to host a corporate retreat again, Gurney's will be the only phone call I make!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

Gurney's Inn is part of my best summer memories. We would spend every summer there with my parents and brothers. The best beach around, awesome town of Montauk, the great restaurant and my girls and I especially loved the coffee and desserts in the Cafe.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

Conducted our Board of Trustees's Off-site meeting at Gurney's. Location, amenities, service, accommodations and special requests responses were outstanding. A wondereful place and staff - ALL AROUND. The next visit will be for pleasure. GO!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Jamesport, N.Y.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

Experiencing this wonderful Inn and Restaurant with it's fantastic shorelines, is our idea of a few days well spent.
Highly recommended to our friends as a terrific retreat that leaves you feeling great inside and out.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled as a couple
New york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

This so called "spa" without a piece of fruit in sight, packing in 30 or more people in a tiny dingy waiting area, amidst a run down hotel that has a beauiful spot on the ocean is a rip off. I have been to many hotels and spas nationwide. Gurneys has no business charging what they charge. First of all, you MUST pay 30.00 to get in the spa. The gym is tiny, and the indoor pool is so old. The windows overlooking the ocean are old and obstructed. The furniture is old. In addition to th 30.00 they tack on a 15% fee and tell you up front that it is not a tip. It is a fee to pay all the help. For what? They are charging over 100.00 for a facial. Accordingly, you would be paying $100.00 for facial, 30.00 for spa and another 15.00 for help, then tip....... please. That's 145.00 plus tip.
I have been out to Montauk for many years and I love its down to earth atmosphere, cliffs beauty and seclusion. Montauk is very special. But this is no spa. This is more like a place for groups of girls to come, hang out and pay a ton of money for a hurried cattle massage or facial. One other warning. Gurneys built a hallway of so called "therapy rooms" which have louver double doors and no sound proofing. My enitre massage consisted of hearing all of the waiting women sitting on small little chairs on a saturday laughing and talking loudy. My therapist went out to tell them to be quiet. I did'nt know who to feel sorry for, me or the women waiting. I felt like I was being taken advantage of. Gurneys is obviously trying to pack them in. It's a shame because the location and the natural beauty of the ocean is fabulous. If I was going to go away for a girls spa trip I would head to Vegas where the spas are unreal. Tea, fruit, lushous towels, showers, jacuzzi's candlelight and everything you would want to pamper your body...lotions, hair supplies...and beautiful waiting areas and wonderful quiet treatments. The airfare is low and the hotel rates dirt cheap. Also, I did have lunch, the lobster in tomtato, which was excellent.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa? Share your experiences!