“Great Location....Good Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
New Jersey
“Great Location....Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for a weekend and it was a very nice experience overall! The spa is fabulous, the location was wonderful... the food was very good! You really never have to leave the resort...everything's there! The bar is fun..we had after dinner drinks and watched the NCAA BB torney

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Upon arrival I was greeted by a courteous valet and greeted with a smile as the door was opened. I approached the front desk and was greeted by the same familiar smiles that greet me year after year. I was escorted to my room by Cesar, who pointed out the spa, restaurant and other places on our way to my room where he made sure I knew how everything operated and who to call if I needed anything. My first 15 minutes and I felt like the most important guest to ever walk through the doors (as always).
My 'Mermaid's Purse' seaweed wrap was exquisite and Emma was fabulous, but I knew that because she did my 'Detoxification Treatment' last time I stayed at Gurney's. Ever respectful and immensely sensitive to one's comfort. Once again, I felt like the most important guest there and left not walking, but floating back to my room.
Off now to dinner where the clam chowder is award winning and I can see why, followed by stuffed flounder that I don't normally care for but loved. Patrick and his team were ever so tentative and John made sure I was seated on the outskirts by a window as I was dining alone. Again, I felt like I was someone very special.
As I awoke to the beautiful sunrise from my oceanfront room over one of the world's best beaches, followed by a fresh breakfast buffet with many healthy alternatives, I was off to yoga followed by an Oxygenized facial. Alba did not dissappoint. She could not have been more soothing or professional and we enjoyed the best full-belly laugh I have had in a very long time. I was literally told that evening, while enjoying the fun DJ, that I was 'radiant'. Thank you Alba for working that miracle!!!
I could not leave Sunday without some sort of spa treatment and so after my yoga I had a neck, back, shoulder massage by the wonderful Karen who once again was fantastic! I would be remiss if I didn't mention my favorite Swedish Masseous (sp?) - Seth. He's awesome!!!
What more can I say? Oh yes. The wonderful Ginny. The woman that makes me feel like a queen. The yoga spa weekent was absolutely perfect!! Ginny is the sweetest person, and last year when I called in November about the yoga spa weekend, she promised to call when confirmed, and she did not dissappoint! Once again, so professional, and again I felt like a queen.
Gurneys offers old world, classy charm, where everyone is made to feel special. You may think I have money to burn but I don't. You may think I go there so often I'm a featured guest, I'm not. I've been there 4 times in 6 years and will be back again. Every time was the best. One of my favorite things is the familiar staff. It says an awful lot about a place when the staff stays and is always smiling.
If you haven't guessed, I would strongly recommend this place to everyone. And I can't forget to mention - beds, pillows, very comfy, rooms are kept up nicely.

Room Tip: Oceanfront, the best, of course, but also the buildings upper west side that are oceanview have a gr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Floral Park, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

A friend and I went to Gurney's for a Yoga and Spa weekend package at the end of February and are still raving about it. Originally booked for early November we had to cancel at the last minute after Superstorm Sandy. The staff at Gurney's were wonderful, gave us a full refund and suggested that we might want to come in February. When we arrived early Friday afternoon we were greeted warmly and delighted to find that we had an ocean front room! Everything about the weekend was perfect. The reception/tour of the hotel/spa,the amazing Yoga instructors who were able to make all feel welcome. I'm not sure how they did it but everyone - no matter their yoga experience level - felt that they were being catered to. When not at a yoga class, we were able to take full advantage of the spa facilities including pool/sauna/steam room, etc. We were also treated to a fabulous buffet breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings as well as great dinner menu choices Friday and Saturday evenings and wait staff - all staff - treated us like royalty! The only additional expenses we incurred were for drinks and spa treatments (facials/massages, etc.). I'd be remiss if I did not acknowledge Ginny Davis. Ginny managed our reservations, responded to all of my inquiries and concerns, kept us updated with the weekend agenda's and finally was able to get us that fabulous oceanfront room! Thank you Ginny! My friend and I will definitely be back to Gurney's and will likely bring along some of our other friends!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here saturday 3/2 into sunday 3/3. The resort is like going back in time when you first pull up, however there have been alot of updates done. the welcome area for check in is very cozy, and the rooms are very nice with all the amenities you would need. the bed was very comfortable and so was the sofa we had in the room. we stayed in room 102 which was right on the beach the patio was very clean and the view was awesome. just keep in mind when you stay down on that level there are alot of steps to climb. if you do not like to go up and down stairs that is not the area for you. we ate at the restaurant sea grille, it was pretty good but the service was lacking. i think since it was off season that they were short handed so i do not think slow service would happen during peak seasons. if you are looking for a nice quiet weekend and do not mind paying for it , give this place a chance. Also if you try the spa it was very nice but it also will cost you some nice bucks.
my recommendation is try off peak like september,october because there are less crowds and you can still have nice weather to enjoy.

Room Tip: check how many flights of stairs you have to climb before booking your room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
East Islip, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed overnight and it was wonderful! The ocean front room was georgus, and so was the balcony. We were there for thier christmas party and it was a lot of fun. there was an open bar and non stop food. they had a live band and lots of dancing. I would def recomend gurneys for a couples retreat!!!! Ginney our host was so helpful getting our trip ready and she made sure our requests were met. She is the best!!!!!!! If you stay here you wont be disappointed. Trust me :)

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view but ask for ocean front rooms. Much better location in the resort
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My friends and I were staying at Lenhart's Cottages just down the road from Gurney's and decided to come for lunch and the view. The view was amazing, the food and the service were sadly lacking. The best part of the meal were the crackers they serve in lieu of bread and the french fries. As we walked to the Hostess stand we were greeted by a server who immediately told us breakfast was over at 11, then asked us what time it was. We told her it was 11:20 and she proceded to walk away. The manager came out and seated us immediately with the lunch menus we were there for. I ordered the French Dip and it had no seasoning or flavor. I didn't even bother eating more than a few bites. My friends ordered the Turkey Club witch was average and the Tuna Salad which was good but nothing special. Our server was fairly absent and uninterested our experience. After looking online I was not surprised to find that this resort had recently been on an episode of Hotel Impossible on the Travel Channel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Southold, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

To be fair, I have stayed here overnight only once--but come here several times a winter as an escape. The rooms are adequate and cheaper during the off season--
But Gurneys is really about a state of mind--relaxation.
My 20 something daughter says this is like spending a day in the Bahamas. We pay for a daily visit and swim, relax on the lounge chairs in the sun(inside)- and enjoy the whirlpool.
My 70 something mom loves to swim in the salt water pool and take some pressure off her arthritis.
I love the escape, the water, the staff and going with other women.
The massages are totally relaxing and the whole atmosphere is one of pampering.
Definitely a favorite winter place!
Take a drive even if you only have a day.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Gurney's Inn Resort, Spa and Conference Center? Share your experiences!