“A course worth driving for” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Golf Courses, Sports
Activities: Golfing
Chestnut Ridge NY
6 attraction reviews
“A course worth driving for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I played this course for the first time on September 4th and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Service/reception: Excellent. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere is very low key...small pro shop, no attitude, helpful and welcoming. I arrived as a single and they were fine letting me play on my own or trying to pair me up with someone else...my choice.

Course layout: The routing of the holes is very good and takes advantage of the terrain to make it part of the challenge. There are a a couple of blind carries, some elevated tees with nice views, and nice mounding along the fairways to help keep the ball in play. Almost every green can be played as a run-up shot if you leave your approach in the right place...or you can challenge the pins over bunkers and hazards.

Condition: Overall, excellent. The greens had been aerated relatively recently and there was still a little evidence of that, but they putted very nicely nonetheless. The fairway turf is very nice and made hitting crisp iron shots a pleasure. Bunkers have nice sand (although one I found myself in was pretty crusty).

Odds & Ends: This is cart golf, but it was 90 degrees to the ball and not a problem. Because of the distance between some holes it is not a practical walking course. And the carts are quiet and have excellent speed! The halfway house is actually at the 11th hole, but it was quick to get a bite and the hot dog was grilled, not steamed.

Value: I paid $79 for a mid-week round and found that to be a fair price for what I got. I'll certainly play it again.

Visited September 2013

Tuxedo Park, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Not worth the premium price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Played here afternoon 7/31/13, midweek and play was still very slow, can usually move quickly through front nine, but back gets very slow. The course is a nice layout and usually in good shape. Greens were very dry and firm. Fairways were in good shape. I feel the course is not worth the premium price they ask on Fridays and weekends. The halfway house closes early sometimes and there are times the water coolers are not refilled in the late afternoon. I would play the course more often if the pace of play would improve, possibly the 8 minute tee time intervals need to be revised to 10 minutes.

Visited July 2013
Cocoa Beach, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I love everything about this majestic place. It is serene and peaceful. I thought the prices were very fair! The mansion is stunning and the staff was friendly and helpful.

Visited July 2013
“Sweet Sixteen”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We made a deposit for a sweet sixteen in Feb. 2013. We never signed a contract. We had to cancel the event. I notified Mansion Ridge about two weeks after we booked. Plenty of notice. Adam the event manager said we we should get our deposit 4 weeks Well that was in March and still no refund. I then contacted the General Manager Kevin and he said that they'll look into it. Last week I sent Kevin an email to check the status and he said that he will get back to be later that day. Well 5 days later I'm still waiting. I DO NOT recommend Mansion Ridge for nothing. You can find a much better golf course. I wouldn't play there for Free.

Visited March 2013
CT - USA
“Bring a sandwich and beer”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Played here mid-week in April 2013. At $69 it was a premium to West Point and Falkirk. No discount on Golf Now.

Place was empty but we still got stuck behind a slow group. We played a couple of holes twice to kill time until a group caught up with us. Starter went by a couple of times - no help. We eventually played through and were OK. The course is long.

Pro shop wasn't sure grill would be opened when we started at 11. When we finished it turned out the grill was opened We went in for a beer and a sandwich. There were 3 guys drinking beer who said the bartender was in the kitchen cooking their food. We waited... and waited. The kitchen can't see into the bar and after 15 minutes we left. Maybe one of the guys had ordered a cake?

Slow play, a pro shop that doesn't even know if the grill will be open, useless rangers and a missing bar tender will not bring me back.

Visited April 2013