“Always Good and Interesting” 5 of 5 stars

516-493-9797
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 69 Restaurants in Mineola
Ossining, New York
“Always Good and Interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have been to Biscuits and Barbecue a number of times. Each time, I have been very happy. It is small but never been crowded. I cannot figure out why other than its out of the way. New Orleans style cooking is predominant on the specials board. I've tried something new each time I've been there and its always good. Barbecue, Cajun, or burgers have been fresh and well prepared. Portions aren't huge, but still good for a bigger fella. Gone for business lunches and its always requested when the group gets together and its lunchtime. Prices fair, not cheap. Wait staff is charming. Seek it out.

• Visited January 2013

home
“Can't Wait to Go Back for the Fried Chicken!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I ate at Biscuits & Barbecue last night after he read about the restaurant on line. Looking for the place was an adventure. Be careful, if you blink, you may miss it. It is the cutest little place. It looks like one of those old time diners in the middle of an industrial section of Mineola. Luckily we didn't have to wait long for a Friday night. Maybe 10 minutes. I had the fried chicken which was to die for and my husband had a rack of ribs, also so good. The fried oyster appetizer was great. My husband had the stuffed baked potatoe appetizer stuffed with pulled pork, cheese and sour cream which could be a meal in itself. Next time we go I have to try the macaroni and cheese which looked so good. I have to mention that the onion rings were probably the best I ever had. We forced ourselves to have dessert being so stuffed from the meal. My husband had the key lime pie which was very good and I had the white chocolate bread pudding which was excellent. We walked out of there stuffed just like their baked potatoe. I have only one con, I wish I knew it was BYOB because we would have brought a bottle of wine or some beer with us. Can't wait to go back again. I want to try other dishes on the menu but the fried chickent was so good, I have to have it again.

• Visited February 2013
Merrick, New York
“Oh Yeah!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were looking for something a little different from our old standby rib restaurant, so based upon some great reviews, we ended up here. This restaurant totally lived up to the raves.
We had the fried chicken and waffles--delicious! My son had the ribs, which he pronounced the best ever, perfectly cooked with a dry rub, and he's had quite a lot of ribs in lots of different places. Hush puppies were yummy too. Red beans and rice dish was also a winner.
My only regret is that I couldn't manage a dessert, but I will definitely leave some room next time.
Also plus is that there is a small parking lot, as parking in Mineola can give you the blues.
Loved it--we'll be back (I hope soon).

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Oh So Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This little BBQ joint defines diamond in the rough. Nestled among some industrial buildings in Mineola parallel to the train tracks is this awesome diner style BBQ spot. Beaucoup points for both style and taste. Had the braised short ribs tonight and I'm still thinking about them and will continue to think about them for at least a few days. Despite the obvious danger of waist line expansion, I do hope to return many times.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Levittown, New York
“Rightous New Orleans Style Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Tucked away in an industrial area sits Biscuits and Barbecue. Great menu offerings and all done the right way. Chicken and Waffles, Jambalaya, smoked chicken wings, mac and cheese and hush puppies are the items we had. Deserts were Peach Cobbler and Pecan Pie. All done to perfection. I think the secret is out on this place cause it was pretty crowded and the food took a bit long to come out. But it was delivered to the table steaming hot! Definitely a great find. Old railroad style silver rail car diner with maybe 8 tables and the counter. Menu had numerous Po boys and mufallatas for dinner and lunch. Go and hope you don't have to wait too long. Oh. by the way-IT'S CASH ONLY!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Biscuits & Barbeque? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Biscuits & Barbeque, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.