First and foremost, we liked the grounds quite a bit, but the staff and service hardly made the exorbitant prices in upstate NY worth it. We overheard many inappropriate and disgusting comments made by staff members whom either didn't realize, or didn't care that guests were present. The food was ok. Our bed was extremely uncomfortable and you could hear other guests easily through the walls, doors and floors. Our gas fireplace although initially enticing almost sweated us out of the room to the point where we couldn't use it at all. The spa was nice enough although there is only one bathroom, one shower, and no space in the locker room. Our massages were very good. The pool was too cold and the sauna not hot enough. Overall disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 75 acres overlooking the Hudson River. Cascading waterfalls, swan ponds, organic gardens, fresh gourmet breakfasts, eco-friendly spa with pool, sauna and steam room. Rooms with private fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, and balconies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buttermilk Falls Hotel Milton
- Buttermilk Falls Inn And Spa