“Consistent high quality for food, service and ambience” 5 of 5 stars

631-821-5969
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blond is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Miller Place
Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Mastic, New York
“Consistent high quality for food, service and ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

It had been quite a while since I last dined at Blond & I was nervous that thing may have changed. But my fears were unfounded as the outstanding service, intriguing & delicious food and the sophisticated atmosphere were well intact. The prixe fixe options offer some excellent choices and dessert is included. I started with skewers of beef for an appetizer and couldn't resist the butternut squash bisque; for my main course I enjoyed the seafood risotto and finished up with "shots" of fried Oreos. My husband started off with a romaine salad and selected the braised short ribs for his main course. His dessert a banana spring roll - I plan on ordering this the next time we go - it was light and sweet and original. Its easy to miss Blond as it is in a non-descript strip mall next to a hardware store - but the interior is artistically decorated and the soft lighting and mood music so its easy to believe you are in a trendy NYC bistro (less the crowds and outlandish prices). The bar can be a bit crowded (especially when there is entertainment) but I have never felt uncomfortable at Blond. It is worth keeping a lookout to find this unassumingly looking eatery next time you're driving along 25A. This is probably the best restaurant I've ever dined at. They are open only for dinner.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Setauket, New York
“Great food hiding in a strip mall.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

My wife and I have been to Blond several times and never have had a disappointing meal. The continental menu offers excellent choices as does the wine list. The staff is very accomplished and perform with cheerful, friendly demeanor. The prices are moderate.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NY
“Poor service if you are not part of small clique...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

This is a nice atmosphere with music in the bar area and I'm sure the food would taste great if it was served at the correct temperature. However, the guy behind the bar on Thursdays and Fridays only pays attention to those in his clique. We waited for seats at the bar to have a light meal, but once seats opened up and we sat down, this bartender said, "Sorry, I'm holding those seats for my friends." We visited on another night hoping that this guy was not working again, but he was and that is when our food arrived at room temperature cause he was busy chatting with his friends and left our meal at the service station. Not sure if there is a manager or owner on site to see how this business is being run but there should be.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Food was phenomenal, service is still lacking a bit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2008

Food was phenomenal, service is still lacking a bit.