“Nice play to stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cottonwood Motel

Cottonwood Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Millbrook
Cottonwood Motel
You added Cottonwood Motel to your Saves list
Route 44, Millbrook, NY 12545   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Millbrook
new Jersey
“Nice play to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

I read the reviews and was very leary about staying here but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean, the hotel staff was very nice and it was a great location to Millbrook School. I would defiantly stay here again

• Liked — price and location
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2007

I have nothing good to say about the Cottonwood. Mold/mildew issues; tired, beaten-up furnishings and carpet; stale air (it was a "non-smoking" room - could've fooled me); lots of traffic right outside...need I go on? Find someplace else to stay - even if it's your car.

• Liked — Leaving.
  • Disliked — Everything.
  • Stayed April 2004, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2006

We were coming from the Boston area for a friend's wedding. The directions provided brought us through the worst part of Hartford. It only got worse. The "non-smoking" room reeked of smoke which masked most of the mold smells. The non-matching furniture came from yard sales and most of it was partially non-functional. The bed was lumpy. The rugs were heavily stained (we dared not look at the matress). The hot-tub was gross. The windows had no screens, so we couldn't air out the room because of flying bugs. The service was surley when we tried using it (and mentioning the poor directions got us a nasty look). The complimentary coffee in the morning was gone before we woke up around 9am. My wife and I would have enjoyed staying in tent at a nearby campground more. The "landscaping" consists of mowing the lawn. The supposed view out the back would have decent if the back door had screens (lots of bugs from the pasture adjacent to the hotel property). The tiny, low-res pictures on the website should be a warning. The only picture of the building is perhaps the best view of the place - and it's from the highway. This was the worst accomodations I've ever paid for - and the price is a complete rip off. Just stay away.

• Stayed April 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2005

August 29, 2005 - I wish I had seen reviews on this motel before we booked the cottage for 4 nights. The place was disgusting and there are no refunds. The web site describes this as beautifully furnished and well appointed in a country setting. That was an out right lie! The furniture was old and worn, smelled of must, the bathroom in the cottage had mold in the ceiling tiles. The cottage sits right on the town highway, so you have to run the AC even when its cool at night, just to drown out the CONSTANT highway noise. After I complained, they lowered the price by $30 a night…but even at the reduced $150/night, $170 with tax, it was still awful. We couldn't find another place with such short notice, so we were stuck. Thankfully we were able to move to Rhinebeck Beekman Arms after 4 nights. We did have the option to move to the single rooms, but they were no better. Stay away from the Cottonwood Motel!

Been to Cottonwood Motel? Share your experiences!