“Creepy but clean and comfortable” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Millbrook Village Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Millbrook
Millbrook Village Inn
You added Millbrook Village Inn to your Saves list
7 Russell Knolls, Millbrook, NY 12545   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Millbrook B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Creepy but clean and comfortable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I arrived at the inn late in the evening when it was very dark--the inn is nearly impossible to find, off a dirt road near some sort of maintenance shed. There were NO visible signs (none lighted at night), there were NO other cars or people around. I rang the "24-hour" line to say I could not find the inn but the phone was not answered. I left a message saying I was lost, but no one ever returned my call even though I stayed there another night. I found it very creepy to enter using a key code, perhaps because I was travelling alone.

However there was no note to welcome me, no note explaining breakfast or coffee, just a Post-It in front of a chocolate chip cookie on a sideboard that said "chocolate chip cookie."

The next morning I had no idea what I was supposed to do for breakfast--in the empty kitchen I found a basket of granola bars and a muffin wrapped in plastic wrap with a Post-It that said "cranberry muffin." I did not know if I could use the fridge, so didn't find the yogurt, juice and water until the second day. I didn't know if there was someone else there, if I should bolt the door after I entered or turn off the lights. The entire weekend I was there, there appeared to be no other guests and I never saw or spoke to another living person there. I guess some people might like that "privacy", but I found it very creepy and probably explains why I was the only one staying there despite every single other inn in a 30-mile radius being fully booked.

On a positive note, it was a very clean and comfortable room. There were no amenities in the room, but the tv and cable were appreciated.

Again, it sure wasn't for me, but if you like staying in an empty house all by yourself, it's just the ticket.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this lovely inn for two nights while attending a wedding. Our room was immaculate--I would describe it as luxurious simplicity--think Pottery Barn, not Laura Ashley! You let yourself in with a number code--very easy. It felt safe, cozy and private. The owner came by each morning and we happened to be there. She was lovely, but it is not a "hosted" inn, so this would not be the right place for travelers looking for that.

We especially liked the "make yourself at home" kitchen with ready to brew coffee, heaping plates of fruit, delicious baked goods (including a plate of brownies at night!), local yogurt, cereals--everything you could want, with no need to be downstairs at a certain time. Perfect if you are out late and want to sleep in. Because we were there in summer we also enjoyed sitting in the garden, walking to the charming town. and visiting the Sunday Farmer's Market.

Room Tip: We chose the largest room with a good size bathtub.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I recently spent one night at the Millbrook Village Inn. The Inn itself is lovely, very clean and well-appointed, and clearly recently renovated. Our room (the White Room) and the en suite bathroom were exactly as pictured on the website- pretty, clean and comfortable. The location was very close to town, perfect for walking to dinner. The property is well maintained. One other reviewer mentioned feeling like a burglar because she never encountered the innkeeper or other guests. We also felt a bit like that, but the innkeeper had been in great contact with me ahead of our visit to explain that she would be at a charity event for the evening. She provided us with several phone numbers in case we needed her, and asked about our preferences for the fresh-baked breakfast treats she left in the kitchen. The kitchen is well-stocked with snacks and treats as well as a range of breakfast items, which we preferred to being served a sit-down breakfast. We ended up feeling more like we had rented a cottage for the night. I also want to note that when I booked our stay I was unaware that there was a fee for single-night reservations. When I saw the addition to our bill I asked the innkeeper to consider removing it, which she promptly did.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Millbrook, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I recently checked out this bed & breakfast and it was a delight. Fresh homemade bakery items, clean and a very short walk to the village as well as the grocery store in case you've forgotten anything. Truly a charming place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Millbrook Village Inn is ideal for a weekend get-a-way. The Inn is extremely clean and you cannot beat the location. My boyfriend and I stayed over after a day spent at Orvis and the Winery and were able to walk right into town for a wonderful dinner (less then a block). It really feels like your in your own country house, the refrigerator is stocked and baked goods left out to snack on. I would highly recommend it!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Millbrook Village Inn? Share your experiences!