“Great hidden gem!” 5 of 5 stars

ssh217
5 attraction reviews
“Great hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have lived in the area for over a year before I read about this place in a book about weekend getaways with the kids. I no idea it was basically in my backyard. This is an excellent zoo for toddlers--it is just the right size that they can walk the whole thing. It is based on donations and was never crowded. I haven't been during the week while school is in session but on the weekends it is quiet. Good selection of animals but may be too limited for older kids or adults. Animals were well taken care of and the condition was pristine.

Visited October 2012

Millbrook, New York, United States
“Fun Animals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Great opportunity to see unusual species. Classic zoo experience. My sons love coming here. The Millbrook School grounds are magnificent.

Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“Truly a fun place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

It really was a hidden gem. My family went there, and we really had a great time, even thought some animals were not there because of the snow. Be sure to see the snowy owl, which was our favorite animal. The only bad parts (which I guess can't be helped) were that some of the exhibits smelled terrible, and a few of the animals looked very lonely. Still, it's a great place to go!

Visited January 2013
USA
29 attraction reviews
“A Small Zoo but a Great Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and I used to visit the Trevor Zoo with our daughter when she was little and I only recently went back a few years ago. The place was just as great as I remembered it. We have visited zoos all over the USA and this one is a small treasure. A wide assortment of animals and carefully kept grounds help to make the place a very enjoyable experience. The staff there, though, from first to last, add that special touch which marks the excellence of the zoo. Everyone is very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. There is an admission fee which is very reasonable. The zoo is handicapped accessible and has a snack bar and rest rooms conveniently located among the exhibits. A great day trip for the family or just some time to stroll on your own.

Kingston, New York, United States
9 attraction reviews
“Took the kids, had a great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was a small zoo with a lot of animals to see. The kids liked it a lot, we were able to navigate with a stroller no problem too. Could use a little maintenance in the exhibits to have less grass that hides the view sometimes, but otherwise fantastic. lots of trees so there was lots of shade.

Visited August 2012