“Where one goes to repair one's stressed body and soul.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Millbrook Country House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Millbrook
Millbrook Country House
3244 Sharon Turnpike, Millbrook, NY   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Millbrook B&B and Inns
Northern Bergen, NJ
“Where one goes to repair one's stressed body and soul.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

My wife and I are B&B aficionados, and for good reason. Whenever we travel, we try to avoid hotels of any kind, and seek out B&B's. Hotels are simply a place to sleep, whereas B&B's are where you put body and soul back in working order, while being coddled and catered to by the owners. We just spent two wonderful nights at the Millbrook Country House, and found it so charming and relaxing that we can't wait to go back as soon as possible. The house is quiet, well preserved, comfortable and relaxing, making us feel completely at home from the time we first arrived. Hosts Giancarlo and Lorraine are very welcoming and pleasant, and have a wide knowledge of the area's restaurants and attractions.

We stayed in the Chiavari room, and the bed was very comfortable (more than my own at home), while the room was peaceful and quiet. The grounds are very attractive, with all manner of trees, flowers, vines, birds, sculpture, tables, chairs and a peace and serenity that's hard to find where I live. It was difficult to pull ourselves away from the table after the lovely and varied freshly prepared breakfast. We sometimes found ourselves leaving after 11 AM, having sat down at 9. For some reason, our fellow guests all seemed very pleasant and interesting, and one common interest most of us shared was food and wine. Both Lorraine and Giancarlo are very knowledgeable about that subject, as evidenced by the quality of their breakfasts and experience with both the local and global restaurant scenes.

I highly recommend the Millbrook Country House if you are looking for a lovely and relaxing stay, whether it be for a night or two, or a week. I feel sad that I could only stay the weekend, but perhaps that will change the next time. I certainly will re-visit them. To my wife and I, this was as restorative and enjoyable a weekend as we've had in a very long time.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

I returned to the Millbrook Country house after a year away; it is as perfect as it was during my last visit. The inn has been well maintained, the owners still love what they do and do it well and the beds are perfect. I'll keep going back!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

My wife and I spent a weekend at the Millbrook Country House in the fall. What a great decision on our part! The house is well kept and charming -- much thought was clearly put into each room. Most important, the owners make you feel right at home -- we were so relaxed during our visit. The owners were very helpful in helping us find the best restaurants and sites.

Be sure to visit all of the great restaurants in the town of Millbrook. The tour at the winery was exceptional.

I would DEFINITELY go back to both the Millbrook Country House and visit Millbrook again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

This Bed and Breakfast is filled with charm, beauty, history and an inviting ambiance. When I arrived I was warmly welcomed into a little paradise. This B & B is meticulously cared for and boasts historic detail in its architecture, furnishings and art. There is a story about nearly every piece of furniture as it is almost all part of a family collection dating back to the 18th century.

I resided in the Chiavari Room which is spacious, cozy and sun-filled each morning. The bed, with a handmade mattress and Italian linens, was incredibly comfortable and the bathroom, newly renovated, was perfect with lots of room to move about. Each evening I stretched out on the chair and ottoman with a down comforter and read in peace. Despite several other guests the house is quiet. Wireless Internet access is also a great convenience.

The parlors, expansive yard, gardens and breakfast areas are also perfect. Anywhere you sit you can enjoy music, birds, flowers and conversation. The proprietors are interesting and interested in their guests. They offered me reliable information about restaurants in the area, welcomed me to join them on one or two of their adventures and tended to my creature comforts carefully. They are proud of their home, attentive to their guests and generous. I feel like I made two new friends.

I will surely visit repeatedly in the years to come. Treat yourself too. Karen

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Millbrook Country House? Share your experiences!