“Larger size room very close to Baseball Hall of Fame” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inns & Suites Cooperstown

You added Country Inns & Suites Cooperstown to your Saves list
Country Inns & Suites Cooperstown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4470 State Route 28, Milford, NY 13807 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Cooperstown Hartwick)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Milford
jstdreamin
“Larger size room very close to Baseball Hall of Fame”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I booked this as part of a day trip to the Baseball Hall of Fame. After driving four hours to the museum I did not want a long drive to our hotel. This is one of few major chain hotels close to the area. The room included a king size bed (very very comfortable), Jacuzzi, apartment size refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. I must admit for $200 a night I was expecting some complementary in room cookies or soft drinks. There was only the usual coffee packets. The room was clean, but again for that price it shouldn't be a question. The Jacuzzi was questionable so we didn't even attempt to use it. The check-in and check-out staff were nice.
The morning breakfast staff were cheerful and very conscientious about keeping the breakfast area well stocked with hot French toast. There were also waffles you could make yourself, heat and serve sausage, bagels w/cream cheese, muffins, raisin bread, coffee, tea, milk, OJ, cranberry juice, Yoplait yogurt and assorted fresh fruit. My DH thought there should have been eggs. While it wasn't a buffet it was enough for everyone to find something they liked for breakfast. There wasn't any food room service, but their were restaurants within five minutes of the hotel if you wanted late night snack. There were also frozen/refridgerated vending machine type hamburgers and other items available for purchase and reheat in your room. I did not have a problem w/noise from guest or the pipes in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd number room for a view of the pasture and even side room for view of parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I was unsure that I would be happy staying outside of the village of Cooperstown, but it worked out great! This is a quiet hotel plopped in the middle of a farm. My view was a field, barn and silo. You can see the lights from the Dreams Park baseball fields just over the trees on the other side of the field. You can even hear the crack of the bat and the cheers of the crowd through your open window.

The front desk staff was welcoming and cheerful. Breakfast was typical and the coffee was very good. Each room had a coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator. I never used my machine as they seemed to always have fresh coffee in the lobby. There were cookies and apples available in the lobby as well.

The workout room was nice and had everything I needed. The indoor pool was small and a few times too dirty to swim in. The whirlpool is not working, and I see by the reviews it hasn't for several months, apparently. There were BBQ grills available for use outside, and the staff was very tolerant of team families meeting and eating in the lobby in the evening, which is nice.

As this was my home for the week, I was happy with the room size. My only complaint was the cleanliness of the rooms. They were more straightened and lightly wiped down than actually cleaned. Previous guest's pink soap residue was never cleaned off the corner of the bathtub for my entire stay. The microwave still had last week's (or before?) food droppings left on inside and on the counter. I asked to have it cleaned, and most of it was removed, but not all of it. The floors are not cleaned behind furniture of under the beds. The people who stayed in the room before me left a nice trail of wrappers and food bits.

I understand this hotel is in the middle of practically no-where and it must be difficult to find help. With this in mind, the towels were changed every day. The beds were more-or-less straightened every day. That's about it. The middle of the floor was probably vacuumed. It was adequate...as if my teenage daughter was told to clean her room.

The location is great, the staff was all very nice. For the same rate you could rent a house in the area, but we appreciated the breakfast, workout room, fresh towels, and location.

There are washers and dryers in the game room, all at $2.00 a load that seemed to work ok. All in all, I would stay here again. You can't beat coming "home" between games to recharge your batteries.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms overlook a serene farm view. Even numbers face the parking lot. I recommend the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed for three nights with a group of friends. Staff, especially GM Stacia were EXTREMELY helpful and accommodating. Made our stay feel "like home." Spacious rooms, clean, great breakfast with plenty of food and choices. Hot beverages were available 24 hrs. Pretty countryside surroundings and conveniently close to tourist sites in Cooperstown.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Albany, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Yes, the staff is friendly and this is an attractive hotel. The management is poor however, and the staff needs training. Our room was not cleaned at all during our two-night stay. The ice maker on the first floor was not working. The swimming pool was dirty, and the hot tub's whirlpool jets are broken. Things that should have been anticipated based on the hotel's occupancy were not. (How can you run out of cream for coffee two nights in a row? Breakfast food?) The staff at the front desk has only one computer terminal. This makes the process of checking in and out unreasonably slow. We even had a stranger wander into our locked room at 5:00 in the evening using "his" key! When we inquired about this intrusion, we were told the staff thought we had checked out.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
CarlsonRezidor, online customer support at Country Inns & Suites Cooperstown, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services.
Voorhees, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Clean rooms, courteous staff, decent breakfast. Would stay there again on the next trip too Cooperstown. Didn't have time to use the pool or gym to comment on those. Did have minor issue with some noise in the shower pipes (air bleed) and the GFCI plug in the bathroom was tripped and couldn't be reset in the room, so the hair dryer didn't work, but not a huge deal for me.

Room Tip: If rooms with view of the hills behind the hotel were available, I would ask for one of those, reall...
Falmouth, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Although the title says it all we arrived and the woman who checked us in was very nice suggesting a spot for dinner but then it deteriorated. Our toilet chain broke and it took several hours for someone - Mike I think to come. He then showed us how to flush slowly. My husband and I each had to lift up the tank and fix it multiple times during our stay. To top it off the next day they put new towels in the room but never made the beds or picked up a used towel on the floor where the beds were. For $100+ a night I expect better.

Breakfast was typical for this type of accommodation nothing special I would not return and if this was my first stay at a Country Inn I would not return. Very disappointed.

Stayed April 2014
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inns & Suites Cooperstown, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites standards.
Hilltown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We recently stayed here with another family. This was our second trip to C-town in 3 years, and our first stay at the Country Inns. The front desk staff is VERY friendly and accomodating, and our room was spacious and clean.

We had some problems with the plumbing in our room and with getting our room cleaned, but the manager gave us 20% off our bill, which we were very appreciative of.

We got the feeling that they were understaffed, even though it was only April and the busy season has not yet begun. It seemed like there just were not enough people to get the rooms clean or keep an eye on things - papertowels out in the bathroom, running out of food for breakfast (we had to ask in the kitchen for refills, someone else had to ask for more plates), vacumming the hallways/elevator.

I would recommend hiring someone whose main job is quality control, and keeping an eye on the little details, which end up being the difference between average and excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Country Inns & Suites Cooperstown? Share your experiences!