“Exquisite Indian Cuisine” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Shenandoah, Virginia
“Exquisite Indian Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I stopped here because we were staying in a nearby motel. The service was perfect! White wine served perfectly chilled and priced reasonably. Appetizers were a tad spicy but delicious nevertheless. I had lamb biryani, my husband had rogan gosh. Both were absolutely delicious. The spices were subtle, not overwhelming. The service throughout was quick, polite and unobtrusive.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

78% Recommend
Forest Hills, New York
“Saffron serves delicious satisfying Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Enjoyed a very satisfying dinner here. Nicely decorated and friendly staff made for a pleasant dining experience. A large bar offers many cocktails. The Paneer Tikka Masala with jasmin rice and mixed veggies was delicious. My husband enjoyed the Chicken Tikka Masala The Aloo Stuff Paratha was tasty but too greasy. The portions are large enough to share or take home for a yummy snack.

Visited May 2013
Hewitt
“Great food and friendly service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I go here often. They have a large selection on their buffet and the food is delicious. The waiters are friendly and the service is excellent. We've ordered off their regular menu at times and they have a lot to choose from.

• Visited January 2013
Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
“Best Indian buffet I have had so far in this area.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I don't know much about what goes into cooking the perfect Indian food. All I know is what I like and this place has a buffet that is almost as good as any I have tried. I like buffets as it give me the opportunity to try different dishes. I favor the Chicken tiki Marsala but will try just about anything they put out there. The buffet on the weekends tends to be better than that during the week. The staff is very friendly, which I have found us not always the case at other Indian food places. Prices are reasonable ($9.99 for weekday buffet). If you find yourself in Middletown around lunch time and like Indian food you should give them a try.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Sayreville, New Jersey
“Close to Authentic as you can get...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I am not sure if people understand there are variations in Indian cooking. In India, every region has it's own way of cooking. There are many ways of cooking and using of the spices as there are languages in India. The common Indian restaurants in the USA are basically all cream, and sauce based (typically northern part of India) with not that many spices and they all taste the same.

South Indian cooking is very different, and it is very difficult to find a good South Indian restaurant. Saffron offers a lot of South Indian dishes, it is in these dishes you notice and taste the different spices and they do it very well. I am not a big fan of Indian restaurants, if you ate at one you have ate at them all. Saffron is different, good food in a nice clean environment.

I visit Middletown and drive up to 30 miles out of my way just to try the South Indian dishes here..

• Visited July 2012