“Awesome meal start to finish!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Pizza
Seneca Falls, New York
“Awesome meal start to finish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

On business in the Johnstown area, it has been my pleasure to be eat at Village Pizzeria on a recommendation of a friend. From appetizer to desert it was terrific. Their wine cellar rivals those in the City! Authentic home style Italian cooking and great service, Sandy, the owner, came around a couple times to make sure everything was fine. And it was. Our waitress Michelle was top notch and very knowledgeable. The place was pac!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Upstate NY
“So disappointed...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

If you have read any of my other reviews, you will see that I am not picky or obnoxious when writing about a restaurant. We haven't eaten at the actual restaurant in a while, as I always pick up my pizza and wings to go when driving by... We arrived at 4 pm, so we were well ahead of any Saratoga 'track' crowd. It took 25 minutes to get one tired appetizer, which wasn't as good as used to be. Then it was another 35 minutes to get a sandwich and one dinner. I asked to substitute for the french fries, but it came out with french fries. The waitress realized as she set my plate down and offered to correct, but I didn't have another 35 minutes to wait for the corrected side. A different waitress came over and silently collected our plates but our original waitress never stopped by the table and asked how we were doing. There was a hostess who walked by several times that could have stopped quickly at tables to see how things were going, but I don't think this place cares what people think of their restaurant. On a positive note, my sirloin horseradish sandwich was very tasty. Companion's veal and eggplant dinner lacked seasonings, as it was bland. I guess when you are the only restaurant in town you can rest on your laurels? I will spend my money elsewhere next time.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The food was mediocre and the service was bad. The dining room was cramped and stifling hot despite being told the air conditioning was on. Never again will we drive to the middle of nowhere to eat here

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Corrales, NM
“Mixed, great wine list”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stopped in mid afternoon just driving by. Ordered arugula pizza and meatball ginder. Waited over 30 minutes for food. Both were very good. Wine list is very extensive Good selections by the glass.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Upstate NY
“Disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We have had both good and bad meals here over the years. Today was probably the worst. The bread is very good. The service was very uneven. The antipasti was good...the dressing that came with it was not. The lobster ravioli was served lukewarm, but the flavor was good. My husband ordered pasta with oil and garlic (which was just ok), with a side of sausage which came out raw! My Shrimp Cassandra was excellent! This is a tough place to call!

Visited June 2013