“My daughter had a great time” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mexico
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
You added Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park to your Saves list
601 County Route 16, Mexico, NY 13114   |
Syracuse, NY
“My daughter had a great time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We rented a 2 bedroom cabin right on the river. It had electricity, a refrigerator, a coffee maker and a microwave. Nice perks. When we first arrived it bothered us that we were right on top of the other campers. But as the day went on, it was a lot of fun for our 4 year old daughter. Our neighbors had a 4 and 6 year old so they played for 2 straight days.

The cabin was very clean and it was nice to have a picnic table on the porch and one in the yard. We slept on an air mattress on the bed so I can't say anything about the comfort of them. Our daughter said she was comfortable, but she is 4.

The wagon rides were fun for our daughter and it was nice that there were so many free activities for her to do. It was also a great place for her to ride her bike around. Everyone drives slow enough around there because of all of the kids.

My parents came to visit us one day and the campground charged them $6 each to enter the campgrounds. I do think that is a little ridiculous.

My daughter loved the jumping pillow and the gem mining. We didn't take advantage of the pool or the water wars or playing in the river because it was a little chilly.

My husband caught a bunch of little fish for the kids to play with and the salmon were running while we were there and he hooked into 2 of them.

We will go back next year because our daughter had such a good time and it is only 45 minutes from us.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
west babylon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was our first time at a place like this and it will certainly be the last time I stay at this particular Jellystone. First, let me say that I am not a camper. the reason for the 2 stars is due to the lack of service and attitude of the employees. The park itself was nice enough and well maintained. They were completely booked on Saturday, so I guess it was a good campsite. Kids activities, a nice pool and clean grounds.
The employees, however, need a crash course in how to provide customer service. Upon check-in, 2 elderly woman were behind the counter. One worked with my sister and seemed to understand the situation. The woman who worked with me was miserable. She could not comprehend the fact that I would not be staying in the cabin that I had reserved for my two kids (21 and 26) but in the cabin with my sister. She became irate when I referred to them as my children and began to question who would supervise them. (they were standing with me -she could clearly see that they were not under 21) When I once again explained the situation, she reluctantly let us check in.
We had to be escorted to the campsite. When the elderly gentleman asked the name, my daughter replied. He told her that I had to answer. Now - let me stop for a moment and tell you that my daughter is 21 - is 5 ft 10 in and in no way looks like a child. REALLY? You needed to hear the last name from me? After a 6 hour ride, the last thing I wanted to do was to deal with this mess.
All seven of us had breakfast on Saturday morning. Simple eggs and pancakes. There was 1 girl behind the counter trying to prepare everything because the other girl had to work the hayride. Needless to say, everyone's food was cold by the time we got it. Slow, slow and slow.
Upon checkout I was chastised by the old man for parking in front of the office. He then began to tell me what a terrible guest I had been. I assured him that I would not return and he needn't worry. I pulled the car around and waited for my daughter to come out. He pulled his golf cart around and waited next to me. I finally rolled down my window and he asked what cabin I was in and why I was parked at a different cabin. I again told him it didn't matter - that I would never return. He became agitated and yelled some things that were not pleasant. He parked and waited for us to leave.
So - As I said, if you are a camper, the site was lovely. But if you need ANY type of assistance from the staff - stay somewhere else!!! NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: The large cabins have air conditioning and running water. The small bedroom is very small with no d...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Mexico hotels

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We LOVED it here so much we stayed an extra night!! It's not your average KOA out in a corn field!! The sights are well shaded. You get a woodsy feeling creek side along the salmon river!!! The kids had a blast tubing in the creek. Our youngest loved playing in the sand along the creek bank. The water war game was a family favorite!! It was clean and the staff were older friendly people!! If you appreciate the little things in the outdoors THIS is your camp!!! We will be back!!

• Stayed August 2013
Sherrill, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We came here on advise of a friend and so glad we did! what a great campgrounds! All the staff are friendly and helpful. The park is very clean and maintained. Number of free activities to keep adults and children busy. There is a "BooBoo's" pass you can purchase for a small fee that gives you an opportunity to do gem mining, water war games (fun for adults also) and mini golf. A nice extra, but not necessary as there are free arts, crafts, games & activities for all ages. Don't miss going on a wagon ride w/ Yogi, BooBoo & Ranger Smith. Kids all learned fun songs to sing at home. Our youngest celebrated her birthday while here so we decided to take advantage of the parks birthday extra's. For under $40 our daughter had a personal visit from Yogi & Ranger Smith, received a nice size beanie of Yogi and a cake that looked like Yogi. Imagine our surprise when we saw the cake. It was homemade and hand decorated (and delicious !) you could easily pay someone over $30 just for the cake. They do only allow one vehicle per site but over flow parking is close ( if you need the staff will give you a ride on a golf cart to your vehicle) Check in is extremely easy as someone on a golf cart shows you to your camp site, then you can go up to store for any necessary paperwork. They are pet friendly, saw lots of dogs. They just ask you to clean up after your pet, helps to keep park clean. Would definitely recommend this as a campground to visit with your family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Farmington, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I've read all these poor reviews and to be honest I'm astonished because my first experience there was amazing. We typically camp at the Jellystone in N. Java, however, since they've added the water park, their prices have skyrocketed, you can't get in, they are pushing out their tent campers to accommodate more RV sites and when you do get in, its crowded as all get out so I was happy when I finally decided to give another Jellystone a try. I gave my children (15 and 11 both are girls) the option this year to go to Mexico or N. Java they immediately chose Mexico. They'd rather swim in the river that creates a slow rapid pushing them downstream than at the waterpark at N. Java. My first experience with Mexico I camped rustic. The site was beautiful and shaded. It was level and clean. The bathrooms were meticulously kept (except for a few stray spiders and webs but hey this is camping afterall). The showers are individual private bathrooms in a trailer setup with actual tub surround and not moldy concrete (like Java) and in Java they aren't private and you're always waiting in line. This time I'm upgrading to an electric riverfront site and will have to come back and give another review. I can't comment on the rentals, I haven't used them. I can't comment on having a pet because I don't have one. I don't mind dogs while I'm camping, but if they are as strict as previous posters have stated....good. Dogs should remain at the site and allowed only one area to "mess" in. Who wants to have to deal with poop all over. As far as the hayrides...we had fun and the characters were animated and interacted with the children. The miniature golf course is also better than Java's and more challenging and better kept. The staff were all wonderful both at check-in and check-out. The only thing I saw that I thought could use upgrading were the playgrounds but my kids are older and spent more time on the bouncing pillow and in the river than anywhere else. I was very disappointed in N. Java for making it more difficult for us "rough it" tenters to have space and to get in their park but I'm glad I found an alternative. Even when/if I upgrade to a camper, I will keep coming to Mexico. Camping is about getting back to nature I don't need perfection or wifi...my rules are electronics stay at home anyway on vacations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Frankfort, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We typically camp at Jellystone in Cooperstown but were unable to get in at such a late date so decided to try this location. Big mistake! Went with 3 other families and we all had adjoining sites which were nice. However as other reviews state, if you have a pet, don't stay here as they are the most pet "unfriendly" place we've ever stayed! Rules are ridiculously strict as you cannot walk your dog anywhere other than to and from the designated pet walk area which by the way seems to be the only place they don't patrol as this designated pet area was filled with poop! Seriously? I'm not about to dodge land mines nor expose my dog to the possibility if contracting some disease from such a disgusting area! Until coming here, our children have never had to be afraid they would get yelled at by walking their dog around a campground! I was literally reprimanded by not one but two staff members in golf carts within 10 seconds time for walking my dog in a non-pet area. Seriously? The 2nd guy didn't see the first guy telling me! They were 15 feet away from each other! Unbelievable but I nicely told them I was heading back to my site and was apologetic. Then there is the 1 car per site rule they strictly enforce! Again, we had 4 sites together so we arranged our campers such that we'd have a large common area for playing. One afternoon we moved a car to another site for a game of kickball...I know...we are rebels! The golf cart pulled up and tells my husband that we had 2 cars on a site and they only allow 1. We'd have to move it. Then he proceeds to drive up to me...sitting 10 ft away and tells me the same thing while waving his finger at me! At the time, there were 4 sites and 4 vehicles...didn't matter...rules are rules! Sure glad I didn't get grounded! Oh wait...no Internet service to stream anything anyway so couldn't watch anything even if I wanted to. No biggie...we're camping after all! Worst part was as we are leaving! My friend has a dog about 4 lbs on a leash waiting for her husband to check out. Their camper was literally pulled along side the road waiting to take off when here comes the golf cart again. This guy literally reprimands her saying this was a non dog area. When she tried to explain she was waiting for her husband to checkout and points to her vehicle, he rudely says "then the dog should already be in the vehicle!" OMG! Not, "did you enjoy your stay", or "hope to see you again soon"...WOW! Most unfriendly, poorest customer service place we've ever stayed! Surprised if they ever get repeat visitors! There was a pool however it wasn't open because its not up to newest code but kids did enjoy the trampoline. It's about the only thing they did enjoy! At other Jellystones, the bears visit each site but here, we didn't see that. Wagon rides were boring. Our kids are used to music and having Yogi and Boo Boo being more interactive on rides...not these bears. Very Disappointing! Needless to say, we won't be going back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Gettysburg, Pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We rented 2 park trailers for a week. My husband and I had one, while my daughter, son-in-law, 3 year old granddaughter and two year old twin grandsons rented another.

When I walked into my trailer I was hit in the face with the smell of propane gas. I went to open the windows only to discover there were no screens on the windows.I went to the office and reported it, someone came and check it while we were in town. Came back to find the master key in the door, anyone could have gone in. The gas smell continued the entire week. The first 3 days they were filling the pool and our water pressure was extremely low, even when the pressure returned the shower head didn't work. Everytime we had to flush the toilet we had to take the lid off the tank and fiddle with the guts.The verticle blind on my sliding glass door was missing several panels, allowing little privacy, the door it's self was no useable since there were no steps.

Burned out lightbulbs and no outside light made seeing after dark difficult. Wi-Fi seemed to be shut down after the office closed at 6PM.

The trailer was cute and laid out well, it was fairly clean, but in great need of repairs.

My daughters first trailer was disgusting, old and decrepit, the carpet was filthy and it smelled moldy. The first morning, my grandson woke up with his eyes swollen shut and hives all over him. We spent the first half day there sitting in the urgent care center. I complained to the office and they were given another trailer. This one was better, cleaner and not so gloomy, but it too had maintenance issues.

There were two air conditioners, the one on the ceiling was so clogged with yuck that it didn't work, and the window AC only produced hot air.

The steps were very weak and the railing loose. The bathtub had no plug to give the toddlers a bath, they are too young for the shower. The 2nd door didn't close. My duaghter pulled from the inside while her husband pushed from the outside to get it to lock.

An exterior electical socket was dangling, easily in reach of the children.

As for the park itself, the children enjoyed the bounce although older children would bounce them off, and the darker colors were very hot, even though it was only 70 degrees.

There is a gate to get down to the river and if you don't have your RV parked there you don't get a pass to go through. Being unable to walk well, I wasn't able to enjoy the river because we couldn't drive down to it.

When my son-in-law was locked out and went to the office to get a spare key, the employee argued with him over which trailer he was in. He tried to explain that they had been moved the 2nd day, but she continued to argue the point until an older woman came out and appolgized for the misunderstanding.

We won't be returning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park? Share your experiences!