“Too many annoyances to go back.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 79 Restaurants in Merrick
Cuisines: Pizza
Brooklyn, NY
“Too many annoyances to go back.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We have eaten a few times at Galleria of Merrick, which may be a decent pizzeria, but their second room, decorated as a restaurant, does not quite make it for us as a "pizzeria/restaurant". It is more attractive than many pizzeria dining rooms, with tables rather than booths, but the decor is very acoustically "hard" and makes the place too noisey to enjoy a sit-down meal, especially if there are larger groups, or families with younger children, present.

Service can be a problem; on the Columbus Holiday evening there was only one waitress serving with an assistant/busboy; she was pleasant and tried, but the staffing level was just not adequate. We had experienced this in the past, too.

One of the salads was only available with romaine, instead of the arugula and radicchio shown on the menu. This was not the first time this had happened to us. I ordered a small "Classic Salad", a $4.95 menu item; when the salad was broought out it was in a very large bowl, so I questioned whether it was the small salad; the waitress replied that it only came as a large salad, and that she didn't know why a small portion was shown on the menu. I was billed $9.95 for a large "Insalate Classica".

To be fair, with salads ranging from $8.95 to $14.95, and most entrees priced at $14.95 to $15.95 and the most expensive at $23.95, this is not an expensive place to eat, and the cooking is at the level of most area pizzeria restaurants or better.

Still, for us, the annoyances were too much. After trying them a few times, we'll find another place in the area for the future.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Merrick, New York
“Dishonest - mediocre food - served wrong dish”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

This mediocre restaurant would rather have $2 than satisfy a customer. The menu said $12.95 for eggplant parmesan but the check was for $14.95. When I spoke to the owner he said "Prices are subject to change without notice" It didn't matter that I felt I was being ripped off. I looked at the menu, thought I knew what I was getting and what it would cost - BUT NO! They think they can charge whatever they want because "Prices are subject to change without notice". The smirk on his face spoke volumes. What's un unhappy customer when you can get an extra $2. If you eat here you'd better get a written statement of price from the server, because the menu doesn't count. I'm sick of being ripped off. Aren't you? Find a more honest business to deal with, or one thast thinks making the customer happy might be worth more than 2 extra bucks.

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Love the pizza, but their eggplant is the best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

Love the pizza, but their eggplant is the best.