Have stayed at this Hilton about five years before and the rooms have really gone downhill. We stayed on the top executive floor simply to get a flat screen TV. Workers on the roof banging away with hammers right above us. Asked to be moved to another wing where the noise was less pronounced.
1. Roof work is noisy from 9:00am until 5:00pm. If you don't care about the executive floor, stay a floor below 5.
2. Housekeeping is understaffed which I expected on a holiday week. Had to grab the vacuum from housekeeping after they left and clean the dirty floor they neglected.
3. Room furniture is beat-up. Burn hole in the sofa fabric
4. Can't control the temperature setting in room. In winter, it only blows heat. Good thing the windows crack open or we would have been very uncomfortable in a stuffy room.
5. Hot tub out of commission
6. Toilet plugged-up. Maintenance unplugged but left water all over. Said someone would clean the floor. Waited two hours after multiple inquires.
1. Front desk and lobby staff are patient and effective problem-solvers. Great thanks to Meaghan at the front desk who really helped us through these challenges with great professionalism. Lobby staff took security seriously and their warm felt greetings on arrival was appreciated.
2. The refurbishment plans are posted in the hotel and they are lovely and tasteful. Plans to renovate the rooms begin in February 2012'. I would certainly return after renovation.
3. The pool area is still one of the nicest. It's a lagoon style pool with many nice features such as changing lights and a waterfall backdrop. Plenty of places to sit including tables for larger groups. Pool staff was attentive (keeping safe eye out for swimmers), yet laid back. Just my type. Hope they get around to upgrading the pool locker rooms.
4. Beautiful renovated gym facilities. Brand new cardio equipment with personal TVs. Free ear buds,cold water and hand towels available. Hilton Garden Inns offer these amenities. I'm glad the flagship brand is moving in this direction.
Service score is split between excellent front staff and poor housekeeping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Long Island has completed a multi million dollar renovation. The lobby was completely made over and now boasts a brand new front desk and state-of-the-art business center. All guest rooms, suites and corridors were enhanced to meet the expectations of our guests. Guests can work out in a totally revamped fitness center fitted out with state-of-the-art Precor gym equipment. Both guests and locals now can enjoy fine, Mediterranean dining at the brand new basil’s BISTRO or enjoy a glass of world-class wine or cocktail at the new 45-foot bar at basil’s Lobby Bar. For those on the go, there’s basil’s EXPRESS, a fully staffed convenience store offering coffee, Danish, bagels, sandwiches, wraps and other good food ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Despegar.com, Hilton Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Long Island - Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Long Island / Huntington Hotel Melville
- Melville Hilton
- Hilton Melville