“Beautiful outdoor space. Nice restaurant.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blackstone Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 54 Restaurants in Melville
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 110
New York City, New York
“Beautiful outdoor space. Nice restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I went here for a business function which was held in the new outdoor (enclosed) space. The area is beautifully appointed with natural stone walls, Kable Light suspended lighting and a wonderful glass enclosed gas fireplace. Our function consisted of appetizers and cocktails. The service staff was excellent and attentive, and no one was left wanting for service. We were served a wide variety of appetizers including tuna tartar, bacon wrapped scallops and sliders. All of the appetizers were well prepared and tasty. At the end of our event some of us elected to stay for dinner and we reconvened in the main dining area. This area is also well appointed and was in line with what we expected. I ordered the surf and turf which was prepared to my specifications. There were no complaints from anyone else in my party regarding their food. Dinner ran about $100 per person, comesurate with other restaurants of this caliber. Overall a nice dining experience.

Rockwall, Texas
“Waitstaff Excellent, Kitchen Inconsistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We went in for a group dinner and were served by team of John and John. Very knowledgeable about specials and menu. Very attentive to our needs as a larger group. They were great at sharing sides. My only complaint was with the kitchen. Some steaks came out much more rare than ordered and some meats were overcooked from how they were ordered. John and John were great about getting all resolved, but the kitchen should have done a better job from get-go. However, I would certainly return.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Northport, New York
“Great Steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We go here 2-3 times a year for the last few years. Love the food, Great place. He have tried the hamburgers, steak, sushi & more , all very good.

Visited September 2012
New Jersey Countryside
“Nice Try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I hate chain restaurants. Although this is not a "chain" per se it is obviously owned by a restaurant group and as such has certain policies which relegate it to chain status in my opinion. Case in point. We go with two couples and decide to both have the "surf n turf" $99 special for 2 which is a filet and a lobster. My date and I prefer our steak done at different temperatures and ask the waiter to prepared as such. We were told that that was not possible and that we would have to order the steak which is served sliced anyway and then when we got it, return half of the steak to have it cooked more. This was just about the stupidest thing I've ever heard of in an "upscale" restaurant. Even Burger King lets you have it "your way". The waiter would not budge on this which leads me to believe that it is a "corporate thing". So we foolishly ordered it anyway and foolishly didn't ask for a manager. When the food came we did as instructed and returned my date's steak to be cooked more while I sat there waiting to eat mine as my meal got cold for almost 20 more minutes. This is just totally unacceptable and ruined the whole meal in my opinion.
The wine was overpriced, the steak was ok but overpriced, the lobster was fresh. The restaurant had a fishy smell whilst passing by the sushi bar which was a turn off. Good thing the company was good. I will not return.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
East Northport NY
“Beautiful Bar and Outdoor Seating - take advantage...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had an excellent evening at the Bar, with casual drinking and dining. It was a Wednesday night, so not too crowded. I was blown away by the outdoor seating (definitely request) with gas firepits along the patio. I could have spent all night there. But then my bar tab would have been huge! My friend and I shared the Sliders, Salad and Dessert - four glasses of wine between us and we were out of there for $100. Pricey but well worth it for the ambiance and service. Steakhouses are infamously overpriced, but few offer this nice of a setting. I prefer over Prime, Macs, Tellers, Franks and Insignia. They also offer a terrific private dining room for special events!

• Visited July 2012