“Always consistent” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Melville
Maryland
“Always consistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel so many times. Mostly because they always accept dogs and are dog friendly. When you check in they give you a magnet for the door to notify staff there is a pet in the room.

The front staff had everything all ready for my check in...key, wi-fi info, but then I requested a room on the first floor and the front desk worker cheerfully, quickly and efficiently changed it over. This was much appreciated.

I used to live in this area so I know it is very convenient to all sorts of dining and shopping. Target to Bloomingdales...diners to PF Changs and Cheesecake Factory. If you aren't from the area ask.....because if you come from the airport you might not know you're right near things.

This hotel is always clean. I like that it has the microwave and refrigerator in every room. One complaint I have....but I have it with EVERY hotel these days...lack of outlets. There was one smashed behind the mattress. I use my phone up until I sleep and as an alarm clock so having an outlet across the room does nothing for me.

I feel bad for the reviewer "Twildey" because over the last 7 years I have stayed here A LOT. In fact at one point I stayed for 2 weeks. I've never had a problem. I have read reviews of other Extended Stays and they scare the crap out of me... this one never disappoints me.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I had to book this hotel last minute on line for a business meeting. First off, front desk person (Dennis) was more than helpful when I arrived. Dennis is a happy guy, not everyone in this world can be happy to like what they do. I checked in to the room and it was GREAT. Clean and well appointed with a chair and desk, bed, flat screen TV, and a lounge chair...and then the kitchenette which was clean from the microwave to the frig. Bed was clean and comfy.

To the people who left BAD reviews are CRAZY. This hotel did a nice job redoing everything. The only thing you smell is other people cooking with curry or something. Hotel cant help that. The price is great for what you get. If you need a pool then you should look elsewhere and pay a lot more.

I wish I needed to stay longer. I will be back.

Jerry Ehrlich from the Great City of Philadelphia

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Jerry - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our rooms. I am also thrilled to read that our front desk staff was helpful, and that you were pleased with our value. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Farmingdale, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Most of the staff was very helpful (one seemed not too happy to be there - but I've found that there's at least one everywhere). Excellent value considering the other closer hotels are $100 more a night.

Stayed for one night several times and will continue to do so. They do advertise a grab and go breakfast, but it's nothing more than some fruit or granola bars - so if you are a big morning eater, you'll need something additional.

Room Tip: To avoid extra noise, ask for a room further from the elevator/stairs.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are sorry to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations; however, we are glad that you had a comfortable stay and found us to be a great value. We will review your comments and look into adding items to our breakfast selection.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The front desk woman was rude before we got there. We spoke to her on the phone. She was not helpful and her demeanor screamed, "i hate my job!"

Dingy from bottom to top. Rooms are horrendous. Very Dirty. I was literally cringing as i got into bed. Kitchen was dirty, hairs on the counter. Coffee maker broken.

Toilet ran loudly the entire one night stay. I hate it here. Please, don't do it!

Room Tip: Please trust me, if you have any sense.. don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please know that I am sincerely sorry that there were cleanliness issues in your room. I will be meeting with my housekeeping staff promptly to review cleanliness standards and to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I am disappointed to read of the poor service you received from my front desk staff. I will be meeting with them to review customer service standards so that this experience does not happen again. I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Please contact me, at lim@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Quaker Hill, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Had major issues with this hotel. From the shower not working properly, the toilet would run if I didn't pull up on the handle, parking was next to impossible unless you were a tour bus to where your can park right at the front lobby entrance taking up 8 spots, and a good majority of the staff was less than desirable.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, this is not the place.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Dear Trip Advisor,

My family and I stayed at Extended Stay 100 Spagnoli Road, NY11747. , for a period of 31 Jul - 9 Aug 2014 . We were so enjoyed staying here . We loved in room- kitchen provided and also 4 vending washing machines at the laundry service room so we did not have to wait for
long time when using . And they even provided free copy up to 20
pages . That was so very convenient . My wife said she was so impressed of the Front Desk staffs for their generous . Their name = Ms. Amanda and Mr. Dennis.
service .
Sincerely yours,
Mr. Sama Susilvorn.

Stayed August 2014
East Fishkill, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I consider this the best place on Long Island, New York for your money. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful. It is close to shopping, restaurants, museums and the beach is only a short drive away. The fully equipped kitchen makes eating easy and convenient. Note that they are set up for extended stays and room service is not daily.

Room Tip: The rooms on the left wing do not have as much sun in the windows are a little cooler.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville? Share your experiences!