“Wonderful staff always friendly and accommodating to all your needs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville

You added Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Spagnoli Road, Melville, NY 11747   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Melville
“Wonderful staff always friendly and accommodating to all your needs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

The staff at the extended stay are always friendly and really make each stay like your home away from home. The rooms are always clean and the recent upgrades make the rooms very comfortable I can't wait to stay again

• Stayed November 2012
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here in Melville and that the staff went above & beyond the call of duty. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

After being displaced because of hurricane sandy, we were lucky enough to find a room at this hotel. It's hard not being able to go home but the staff at this hotel made us feel at home. Everyone is friendly and will get you anything you need. The hotel is conveniently located with plenty of parking. There are many restaurants nearby but it was nice to have the kitchenette available for cooking. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed November 2012
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Melville. I hope you and your family are doing well after Hurricane Sandy. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Merrick, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We have been to this hotel several times and have had nothing but nice things to say about our stay. This hotel advertises affordable weekly rates as well as extended stays. Several days prior to hurricane Sandy's arrival I had checked the hotels rates online. The nightly rate advertised was $109, which is the usual nightly rate at this Extended Stay. After hurricane Sandy hit on October 29th and devastated many areas of Long Island we had found ourselves displaced, like so many other people on Long Island. The day after the storm we drove out to Melville and were able to make a reservation. We were to check in on Sunday November 4th. When we arrived on Sunday we did notice on the bill that we were being over charged by more than $50 per night. After what we had been through earlier that week and also being that we had NO other options we decided not to even mention the raised rates and to just be happy with having some place warm to stay with our pets. On Tuesday November 6th we received a letter under the door stating that the hotel is at a sold out status and if we wish to extend our stay to contact the front desk. We immediately went downstairs to try and extend our stay. We were told that our names would be put on a list and they would let us know. After making several calls and having a colleague of mine also make a call to Julio the GM, he was nice enough to let us extend our stay 2 extra nights. We checked out before work on Friday Nov 9th. Thats when we received a bill for almost $1,000 for a 5 night stay at this hotel. I immediately wrote a letter to corporate to complain that this hotel raised its rates on people who lost their homes during a hurricane. Knowing that people do not have a choice, this hotel raised its rates as if it were a holiday. I explained to corporate in the letter I wrote how unfair and immoral it is to do this to people during such a hard time. This hotel cheated so many people out of a lot of money. Extended Stay Corporate did not respond to my letter or try to reach out to me in any way. I am going to report this hotel to the attorney general of NYS because in the end corporate can choose to ignore one voice, and let american greed run their company, but what was done to the people who stayed at this hotel during the aftermath of hurricane Sandy is illegal. I urge anyone considering spending their money at this hotel chain NOT TO.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hollywood, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We booked this hotel for a week while working the PGA. The rooms were clean, updated, had plenty of open parking and offered onsite laundry for a small cost. We enjoyed the peacefulness of our stay and decided to stay an extra two nights before heading into the fast pasted city. They allow pets, but the only downfall is, I feel the $150 pet fee is a little excessive ( not even high end hotels charge that much) Altogether, we had a good stay and want to thank Sue and Lashaun front desk.

Room Tip: Rooms are standard
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking time out to write such a positive review about your experience at Extended Stay America Long Island - Melville. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. The two extra nights you spent with us show us that we were successful in doing just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
Merrick, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here with our cats and dog in March while having work done at the house. Every staff member behind the counter was very nice and helpful. It is clean and the rooms have a convienant little kitchenette for snacks. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review of Extended Stay America Long Island - Melville. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you (and your pets!) again as our guest should you have any more work done on your home. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist you with reservations here, or at any of our other hotels across the country.
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

After working 10 hours in a location in LI, I checked into the hotel 10pm at night to find out my manager had booked a "Smoking" room. It was by mistake through an online booking source and there were no more NonSmoking rooms available!!!! The hotel associate gave me a air freshner spray, however, the room still smelled of smoke!! There were burn marks on the bathroom floor, cigarette burn on the spread on the bed. That was not enough, I could not believe when I went to close the drapes the drapes were "water-damaged" stains all across the bottom!! Just awful, on two windows not just one. How could the housekeeper not take those down???? How did they get stained like that??? Who manages this hotel??? I turned the air on high blast so I could breath through the night, but I still had a headache the next day. This is not the fault of the hotel since my manager made the mistake, I just thought and wish all hotels had "smoke-free" rooms. Now this beats all....when I went into the bathroom after seeing the cigarette burns on the wooden floor I began to brush my teeth and a bug crawls out of the sink!!!! I took a tissue to kill the bug so I could show it to the manager the next day since I was too too too tired to deal with another issue that night. No one was at the desk at 8:30am the next morning so I took a picture of it and threw it away! Thank God my sons live in Brooklyn I refuse to stay at that hotel another night. I left that day never to return!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you double check when booking online Non-Smoking!! Sometimes it's too late to change i...
Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Long Island - Melville. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.
I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. I sincerely wish that a non-smoking room had been available on the night of your reservation, so that we might have switched your room type from the smoking room that had been reserved for you, to a non-smoking room, as we strive to make each and every guest comfortable at our hotel.
Syracuse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

On a recent trip to Long Island for an unexpected family funeral, I had difficulty finding a reasonably-priced hotel with multiple rooms available UNTIL I came across the Extended Stay America at Melville. We were pleasantly surprised at check-in when we got to our first-floor king-bed rooms. The rooms are clean, beds fairly comfortable and the site is very quiet. Despite being a "bare-bones" facility, the staff - from LaShawn to Sue - were friendly and accommodating to our needs. The in-room kitchen made it possible for us to prepare a light breakfast in our rooms. A full-sized refrigerator, two-burner electric stove, toaster, microwave and two-cup coffee maker are in the room. Some dishes, flatware, and cookware are also provided. A small table and a small desk are part of the furnishings. It is conveniently located and is in a safe area. We asked for extra pillows and they were provided with no question or hesitation. This is a hotel I would definitely use again.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that this is more of an "efficiency apartment" than a full-service hotel. Am...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
First and foremost, please accept our condolences on your family’s loss. I hope that we were successful in making your hotel stay as positive as it could be during this difficult time.
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Long Island - Melville. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.
It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future, preferably under happier circumstances. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Been to Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville? Share your experiences!