“Delightful surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Medina
Lehigh Valley
“Delightful surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

We were recently in Medina on a bike trip down the Erie Canal. Our arrival was delayed and fortunately Avanti Grill was open past 9pm. I wasn't expecting much and was delightfully surprised at the quality of the food and the level of service. Both were great, I would definitely recommend Avanti Grill.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Hartland, NY
“Best buffalo chicken sub!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

I grew up in medina and in middle school I would scrounge change to get a sub. I love them, especially the chicken ranch hoagie(w/o onions) and the buffalo chicken. The buffalo chicken pizza is awesome as well. The staff has always been extremely friendly and its always been pizzeria clean, they have a lot of traffic. Never in all the yrs I've been eating there(6th grade or so im now 21) has anything been rotten.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
FrequentFlyer1059
“Gross sick meat!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

A friend and I stopped in there at lunchtime before the lunch hour rush. When I went to the washroom after ordering, I noticed the floors in the main dining area and the pizza area were very dirty and the washroom needed attention.

I ordered an eggplant sub and my girlfriend ordered a slice of pizza. There was no one in the place when we ordered yet it took 20 minutes to get our food. It was nice that my sub was hot but my friends pizza was totally cold. No bigggie, really but when she went to the counter to ask to have it heated the young girl there gave attitude She had heated it as soon as the order was placed but it got cold after sitting so long.

I really loved my eggplant sub and since it's a favorite of my husbands I called him and told him we'd come here for dinner and he could try it.

We came back later that day around 6pm. The place was packed on both levels. I thought, "great, everyone must like the food". We sat in the dining area and ordered. I ordered a greek chicken salad and hubby was dying to try the eggplant. After our drinks were served we both noted that the entire table was sticky and felt gross as well as the hot pepper shaker. I got up and told the hostess who after a bit sent the waitress and she washed our table saying that someone must've spilled drinks over here earlier etc etc. Then, I noticed that they never touched the floor. It was still very dirty and since I had noticed it earlier that day right before the lunch rush I could only conclude we were all eating in yesterdays customers mess! We had already ordered by then and just waited for our food. It came out quicker than when the place was empty at lunch time! I was surprised.

When I got my salad I did not get the garlic toast that was to go with it. I got up again and told the waitress. After a bit she came to our table with plain bread butter and some olive oil in a small bowl with black bits on the bottom. She hurriedly placed it on the table without stopping and as she quickly walked away she said "here, take this". The menu clearly said garlic bread. No real biggie but it was no a smooth move on her part at all. When I tasted the olive oil it tasted plain. I'm still wondering what the black bits at the bottom of the bowl were.

I poured my dressing on my lovely looking salad and took one bite and stopped dead. I tasted a hint of that 'somethings rotten" vile taste. I sniffed the salad and the dressing and didn't smell it until I scraped the dressing off the chicken and cut a piece of it open! And there it was! That totally gross disgusting rotting meat smell! I left the large chunk on my fork and called the waitress over as she was walking by. I told her about the meat being spoiled. I held out the meat and asked her to smell it. She jumped back and said she had a weak stomach.

She offered to take the price for the salad off the bill like she was doing me a favor. She asked if I wanted to order something else but that rotten taste just grossed me out and I didn't want to eat there.

Between the gross table and condiments covered with who knows what level of bacteria and knowing the floor was covered with yesterdays waste and the inconsiderate customer service, all that alone is enough to keep me out. But a restaurant that tries to pawn off spoiling chicken meat with that disgusting bacteria smell of rot and you'll NEVER get me back in the door of that filthy place. I don't care how delicious everyone says the food is, the place is filthy and the employees don't know how to properly handle food!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Huntington, West Virginia
“Must go everytime I go home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2008

Everytime I go home to Medina, I must have a sub from Avanti's...preferably more than one visit.

I only wish that they had as good of subs where I live now! They are SO much beter than here!

Maureen

Orleans County
“Great Pizza, Subs, and Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2008

This place has great pizza and subs. I suggest the sicilian style, which has thicker crust, more sauce and cheese. The sauce itself is a more traditional pizza sauce, as their regular pizza has a sweeter sauce. Even better though, is the Italian restaurant they've added. This place has homemade everything, including pasta. Where else are you gonna find that outside of a city. Stop by the restaurant and try the chicken francese. I can almost guarentee you will love it.