“A Full Course Meal” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
litchfield Maine
“A Full Course Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We came in with friends early and realized that they have a early bird special menu which turned out to be more than enough food at a lower cost. We also took advantage of the happy hour, all and all everything was fine and the staff was very friendly.

Visited April 2013

64% Recommend
Medford, New York
“Nice local steak joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

J&RS is a small chain of steakhouses on long island. The interior is nothing special. but steaks are inexpensive and service is fast, they have a small bar
a nice place for dinner or lunch.

Medford, New York, United States
“Excellent food, fair pricing, nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We visit J&R's often. The food is always amazing, the pricing is always fair, and the staff is really accommodating and great with all patrons - especially families with young kids, which was a pleasant surprise and one of the many reasons we return often. Their specials are always so tempting, and don't be afraid to try them!
As the Stonybrook location recently closed, this location is the next-closest and is always hopping! Hence my one "wish it was better" note: Parking. Their lot is small, and we almost always have to park down the street at the bar on the corner and walk, especially Thursday through Sunday evenings. But overall, excellent experience and worth your patronage!

New York, United States
“Great steak, Great price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

If you want a steak that's consisitently cooked to perfection this is your place. I prefer the JR's 24oz.steak marinated medium rare. The 1st time I ordered it it came out all burnt and charred and I thought"What did they do to this steak" I thought surely they made a huge mistake and put it on my plate. When I cut into the middle of the steak it was cooked exactly how I wanted it. That was over 15yrs ago. So I go back anytime I have a huge hunger pang in my belly, because this is the only place that will satisfy it. Oh yeah, the prices have crept up a bit over the years. They have 2 for 1 happy hour all day long till 7pm. Trying to talk them into serving Blue Point Toasted Lager, best beer on Long Island. Hoff brau is an adequate stand in. Check their menu everyday they have a special, except Saturday. They have reduced prices on Senior Citizen Day on Tuesdays. Service is prompt & polite. I've never had a problem.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good Steak, Good Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Visited on my birthday and enjoyed my filet and the service we received. The server we had did not miss a single thing that we asked for. He also was right on the ,mark with empty beverages.