“Clean, conveniently located, and reliable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Medford
CT
“Clean, conveniently located, and reliable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Second time staying at this property. Clean (but dated) inside and out. Very comfortable bed. Heating system was quiet and effective, even in very cold weather. There are several places to eat within walking distance if desired. Breakfast was average for Comfort Inn. Very decent choice at a fair price for the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rittman, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here for business after hurricane Sandy blew thru and the staff was very helpful on the phone before I left Ohio. Big, clean room, very helpful staff, good prices, if work brings me back to town, I'll stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ringsted, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We visited Medford Comfort Inn in September 2012. The hotel looks inviting from the outside and do it even when you get into the impressive reception. The room was a good size with flat screen tv. Both the room and bathroom was clean and without anything to complain about, which is the most important at hotels when we travel. Operation at the front desk was very businesslike and without personality at all - there is definitely room for improvement in staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

It was nice and comfortable stay. It was business trip. Clean room and very helpfull staff. Good value for price paid. The breakfast in morning was nice. they have lot of options for breakfast. I call for early Check-inn and front desk was super nice to accomodate our early check-inn request even though we had to wait 10 Min in lobby but cannot complain becasue we reach hotel too early.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I just recently stayed at this hotel and I would never stay here again. The front desk calls the room phone telling you can't have any visitors and then will send security to your room. I have never heard of a hotel that tells you can't have visitors. Do not stay at this hotel. The halls stink also.

• Stayed September 2012
West Haven, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is the kind of place that's fine if you are travelling through and just staying a single night. The lobby reeks of smoke and the carpeting throughout is dirty and old. The room was dark but cleanish and housekeeping left the air on hot on a steamy night in August and it took us an hour to get the room to an acceptable temperature. Convenient to the highway. A little to pricey for the quality.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel three times and in my opinion, three times too many. I should have learned the first time. It is very apparent that this hotel, a franchise, is not being kept up in the condition that Choice Hotels International expect as a standard. To look from afar, the hotel looks good but when looking closely, there are several inconsistencies and subpar services compared to other comparable hotels I have stayed in. First of all, the hotel still has smoking rooms and their smoking section is so intense, the smell emanates from that section into other parts of the hotel and the staircase going into the back parking lot. Every hotel room I have stayed in at this hotel has had a residual smoke smell in it with another layer of smell that could only be from an Ozone machine which is an air purifier that has toxic fumes in it. My lungs burned and I got an instant headache when I first entered the room during my last stay in June. I called the front desk and requested another room but they said they were sold out. I asked if someone had smoked in this room and they said no but they would bring me air freshener. They brought me fabreze as well as "Smoke Away", a commercial toxic spray which they never should have handed over to a guest. Then ten minutes later I went out in the hallway and saw an Ozone machine on the floor outside the room next door! They lied to me. Obviously there is a smoke smell issue. The only way I could stay in this room and sleep was to turn off the A/C unit and just use the vent which meant a HOT and STICKY sleep. It was very unpleasant and I was very upset. In previous stays I have found the room conditions to be unsanitary as I found blood stains and hair on my sheets. When I brought this to the attention of the person at the front desk they just said "oh okay we will change it" ... no apologies! Also, in all the rooms I have stayed in, there have been broken lampshades, stained chairs, lights that don't work and peeling wallpaper. It is a place I have vowed never to return to and I regret staying there as many times as I did.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you are allergic to smoke or dislike the smell!