“Awesome evening!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Webb's Captain's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Mayville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mather Road
Description: Welcome to Webb's Captains Table! Webb's is a third generation family business started in 1942 by Paul and Nadine Webb and carried on today by second generation Jim and Sally Webb, and third generation Ben Webb. Our main dining rooms provide a comfortable atmosphere appointed with rich wood paneling and solid oak booths. Both the main dining room and the Lookout room offer beautiful views of Lake Chautauqua. The main dining room boasts a cozy wood-burning fireplace - the only one in the area. Our menu features fresh seafood, steak, chicken, veal and vegetarian selections. Our weekly menu insert features our chef's selection of appetizer, salad and entree, as well as a wine selection accompanied with daily specials. The Deck at Webb's is a second story open air, 60-seat deck with a gorgeous view of Chautauqua Lake. Join us for lunch or dinner and relax with a cool drink from the Deck's full service bar. Open from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Jamestown, New York
“Awesome evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I recently spent our anniversary at Webb's enjoying an excellent dinner and excellent service. I got the prime rib which was to die for! My husband got the seafood julienne which was just as delightful! We both enjoyed a nice glass of their local wines. We sat in a cozy, quiet booth right in front of the fireplace. To top it all off our service was outstanding. Very attentive and professional servers. I would definitely recommend Webb's to any of my friends!

“Good Service, Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Let me start on a positive note; the atmosphere is very cozy, especially on a cold winter's night. The service is decent. However, I'm not going to rave about the food. The only good thing I can say about the food is their vegetable soup is always good. However, I am usually disappointed with anything else I order, and I think everything is also overpriced. I think it's great that the Chautauqua area has a nicer restaurant with more options for people, but I think they need some help in the kitchen.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ben W, Manager at Webb's Captain's Table, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review Webb's Captains Table. Without your(customer) feedback it is difficult for us to continually get better as a restaurant.

I am glad that you enjoyed our Vegetable Soup and that your service was good. I did want to find out what you had that did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate any further more detailed feedback(i.e. what your ordered, specifically what was not up to standard et.) in hopes that we could correct something that we are doing wrong or could be doing better. Thank you in advance and feel free to contact me through email(ben@webbscaptainstable.com) or by phone: 716.753.3960. Again, thank you for your feedback, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ben Webb
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Worlds Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The superb evening only began with the nice road trip to the quaint village of Mayville. We had the entire beautifully decorated dining room to ourselves due to an impending ice storm. As the roaring wood-burning fireplace crackled merrily over our shoulders we savored our delicious veal and seafood entrees. Our server, Jim, was attentive to our dining needs and extremely helpful with wine and desert selections. The portion sizes were generous and the prices were competitive. With no hesitation we will be recommending Webb's Captain's Table to our friends and family.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mayville, New York, United States
“my review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My parents and I are locals. We usually go to Webb's once or twice a year. Our meal was pricey but it was well prepared and attractively presented. The service was also very good!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“Consistently disappointing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We live in the area and typically eat at Webbs once a year. We have been consistently disappointed with the excessively high prices for mediocre food. It never seems to improve. We won't go back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ben W, General Manager at Webb's Captain's Table, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hi Jon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your experience. I was hoping that you could give me a little more information about your dining experience. When did you join us? What meal or meals did you have? What specifically was substandard? Where your meals cold? Was your Prime Rib the wrong temperature? Was your service poor?

I appreciate you taking the time to provide these details so that we can correct any short comings and become a better value in the future. I thank you in advance for your help in making us a better restaurant. We look forward to the opportunity to improve with your help.

Ben Webb