“Great Place to eat” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Webb's Captain's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Mayville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mather Road
Description: Welcome to Webb’s Captains Table! Webb’s is a third generation family business started in 1942 by Paul and Nadine Webb and carried on today by second generation Jim and Sally Webb, and third generation Ben Webb. Our main dining rooms provide a comfortable atmosphere appointed with rich wood paneling and solid oak booths. Both the main dining room and the Lookout room offer beautiful views of Lake Chautauqua. The main dining room boasts a cozy wood-burning fireplace - the only one in the area. Our menu features fresh seafood, steak, chicken, veal and vegetarian selections. Our weekly menu insert features our chef’s selection of appetizer, salad and entrée, as well as a wine selection accompanied with daily specials. The Deck at Webb’s is a second story open air, 60-seat deck with a gorgeous view of Chautauqua Lake. Join us for lunch or dinner and relax with a cool drink from the Deck’s full service bar. Open from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
New York
“Great Place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I'm a returning customer to Webbs. I've been going for years. Their salmon, walleye, and filets are perfect. The wine selection has a nice mix of varieties of whites and reds. Services has been great the many times I've been there. Several servers have been there a long time and are very knowledgeable and friendly. The atmosphere isn't contemporary but i wouldn't call it dated, nothing is shabby. If you ask the servers they can usually tell you the story about the furnishings. Most of the furnishings are locally made. Prices are a little higher here but you get what you pay for. I always recommend people who are visiting the area try Webbs.

Visited June 2013

Princeton, New Jersey
“Excellent Cheeseburger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had lunch here with my family. We sat outside and had a great view of the lake. The service here was outstanding. The waitress was helpful, friendly and accommodating.

I ordered the Captain's burger. Honestly, it was one of the best cheeseburgers that I have ever had. The burger was moist, juicy and cooked to perfection. I cannot give it high enough praise. Other members of my family had the hamburger and agree with my praise as well as other entrees. Everyone was extremely pleased.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sherman, New York
“Great food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have been to many restaurants in the area looking for a good filet Mignon. Webb's has the best nice and moist and melts in your mouth.. When every we are in the mood for filet that is the first place in the area that we think of. Ben Webb is great owner and cares about his customers. I highly recommend this place.. Best in Mayville.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice interior but dated great view of lake”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Pricey and average at best. My wife had scallops six small scallops served on a plate all alone on a plate sitting in butter and wine sauce looked more like an appetizer served with salad and a baked potato $25. I had the special Delmonico steak Oscar served with shrimp not crab with a sauce that was more like mushroom gravy. The steak was a bit tough and need better trimming. $28.

Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Canceled wedding shower reservation.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

My mom started planning my wedding shower several months prior to the date. She spent a lot of time picking out the menu and coordinating with the owner. The day of the shower, the restaurant staff had no knowledge of the shower. The owner had inadvertly canceled the event. The staff scrambled to put something together, however, the menu was very different than planned and the staff were rude. I would not recommend having an important event here.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere