“They've got to be kidding!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Mattituck Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mattituck
Mattituck Motel
You added Mattituck Motel to your Saves list
2150 Bay Avenue, Mattituck, NY 11952   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mattituck
Garden City, New York
“They've got to be kidding!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place is disgusting! Made reservation for 7/1 to 7/3 2013. When we got there no one from the motel was there to process our reservation, they had an cell# taped to the office door which said to call and someone would come. It took a half hour. The room was the most disgusting rooms I have ever experienced. The curtains were falling off, the sing and refrigerator were stained and smelled, the room itself smelled like it had a chain smoker living in it for the last 50 years, the carpet was tattered and stained. The comforter on the bed looked like it had been there for the last 30 years. The people who gave this place a good rating/review must be the owners family and friends, because no one else would have done so. We got in our car and went to a much better place.

Room Tip: Therer are many good B&B';s in the area, go to them instead.
Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
White Plains, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

In full disclosure - My parents stayed here and I am writing this review based on my personal experiences spending time with them at the motel.

Pros: The location is fantastic! Close to the beach, easy to find, quiet, and full of trees. The office had beach chairs and umbrellas outside available for guests to take with them on their way to the beach. Lots of outdoor seating and picnic tables at the motel for guest use. Plenty of parking. The room was clean, had a small fridge, and suited their needs.

Cons: There was some difficulty checking in (no one in the office, sign indicates to call from phone, phone provided has sign that indicates it is broken, calling hotel from cell goes to full voicemail box). The décor was bizarre. It was expensive for a motel and clearly what you are paying for is being in a beach town in August.

They said they would stay here again, but if there were other options in Mattituck I'm not sure that would be the case.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Finding a reasonable hotel rate on the East End of Long Island is difficult so imagine how happy I was when I found this old-fashioned, Catskills-type motel in Mattituck close to the beach, restaurants, and the wineries. The owner/manager was so accommodating with quite a bit of Long Island hotel experience, some of which we had in common. The place is so clean with comfortable beds, a/c, fridge and microwave so you can eat your leftovers from all the restaurants you'll want to visit. I loved the two sling chairs out front from which you can watch the cars, bikes and runners go by on their way to the beach which is only a short walk away. This motel is family friendly. Many come year after year to enjoy the beauty of the North Fork of Long Island. I can't wait to go back again when I want to visit family and friends.

Room Tip: My room had a sunrise window with shades. I enjoyed seeing the sun. I didn't check out the oth...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
south shore new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were looking for a 2 night stay July 4-6, 2013. The hotel reported that since it is a holiday they could only book a minimum of 4-7 days. That's a big commitment that unfortunately we could not make.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Babylon, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My friend and I went for a October getaway. We needed something inexpensive, clean and close to our favorite winery's . We found the room to be a bit rustic but it was spacious and had a small kitchenette which is all we needed. The Inn keeper Kerry was helpful with directions and made our stay comfortable. He even went out of his way to drive my friend and I out to dinner and came to pick up us late so we could enjoy our night out and not worry drinking and driving. We were so appreciative of it!! I would recommend this motel to any couple or friends looking for a fun weekend getaway. We plan on returning when we go back in the spring.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

As beautiful as Eastern Long Island is, I have often avoided it because I experience too many entitled, petite rich people with pretentious attitudes. In general, though, the folks on the North Fork tend to be more real than than those of the South Fork. The owners of the Mattituck Motel, Kerry and Melinda, are Real People who will provide all the basic comforts that you need for an enjoyable stay. Without being intrusive or overbearing, they are the perfect hosts. As soon as we arrived [my wife, son and myself], tired and hungry from our 3 hour drive, Kerry offered to set up a barbecue for us. It had just gotten dark out and while we settled in the room and got ourselves cleaned up, he got the coals going, set up a picnic table, with table cloth and all the utensils and we were in business! munching our burgers and dogs. But check this out: we had come to the area for a wedding the next day that was a bit down the road. Kerry offered to drive us! He even offered to pick us up! And his reasoning was that, maybe we would want to have a couple of drinks at the wedding and we wouldn't have to worry about driving back! I was blown away by his simple display of thoughtfulness. Now how cool is that? As for the accommodations, the rooms are simple but very clean and comfortable. The pillows and mattresses were great, we had A/C, TV, kitchen with stove, fridge, toaster, coffee maker and all the utensils necessary for cooking and eating. Best of all, the beach is two blocks away. It's gorgeous and I don't believe it ever gets crowded with people. No boardwalk or amenities, but we don't care about that. The walk is so short that you can bring your own food. As for shopping, a supermarket, 7/11, Subway, Radio Shack, etc., etc. are 1/2 mile away. If you must have it, there are plenty of nearby restaurants and activities. We only stayed two nights but we're planning to return again soon because, for us, it is a great place to just sit and do nothing but relax.

Room Tip: ask for a cottage with a kitchen
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Branford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

If you're used to modern hotels and motels, this old gem just might be the change of pace place you can really enjoy. As a well traveled professional musician, I've stayed and played in the best of France, Switzerland, St.Barth's, St. Thomas, cruise ships, etc., and this has to be one of the best little spots my wife and I have stayed in. We got a "cottage" unit..1 br., living-dining, kitchen and bath ...$135.00 a night on a weekend in mid Sept !!! ... two tenths of a mile from the beach and 3/4 a mile from Starbucks and reality. Kerry, the owner, is a great source of info for area restaurants, vineyards, etc...the people next door had a cookout..he brought out the grill, started the charcoal, put a tablecloth on the picnic table and lit the Tiki torches...the grounds have lawn furniture under huge shady trees ...just book it and enjoy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mattituck Motel? Share your experiences!