“best breakfast in town” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Diner
Massena, New York
“best breakfast in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This little gem of a place does not look like much from the outside, but the friendly staff and the good food make up for it. Breakfast is the best in town, for 3 our bill was less than 25 and we left the building very full. Waitress was very attentive, our cup of coffee was never empty.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Gatineau, Canada
“first time thumps up todays visit never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

went over 3 mos ago. breakfast was awesome. took my parents and few friends today and we came all the way from gatnieau and food was horrible. the only thing that tastes and was hot was the bread and clam chowder soup. the fries homemade were ice cold and was reordered on all four plates and ordered the fried chicken 3 piece for 3 of us and all the chicken was frozen on the inside. they only took off for one piece of chicken each. never again will I go there. waitress was great but you figure with everything not being properly cooked and fyi 3 of the people with me are chefs from Canada and wanted to show how great this small diner was and all I did for the rest of the afternoon is say I am sorry that after leaving there we were still hungry in fear of eating uncooked food. please stay away from this place. not worth the visit unless you go for breakfast and you can screw that up.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Massena
“Unexpected gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My mom mentioned going to this diner for dinner and I was a little ambivalent as the outside doesn't really tell what a gem it is. Besides, I find some of the diners in our town to be run down and pretty blah. Well, as soon as we walked in, I was impressed. The place was spotless, the decorating was a tasteful country décor. The food choices were varied and the prices were very, very reasonable. Mom had the liver and onions and she absolutely raved about how tasty and tender it was. I had the fried haddock and was happy to see it was not overly fried in an extra heavy batter. It was light tasting. The baked potatoes were perfectly done and we enjoyed every bite, skin and all. Unfortunately we were too full for dessert (next time) but we were told that all the pies are homemade and delicious. Do yourself a favor and give this place a try.....I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Old fashioned breakfast.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I give it five stars but some may not as it may not seam like anything special. I go frequently for a to go breakfast. The home fries are good, and they make their own sausage gray which is rare for this area. I think it just nice to have the consistency. The only grip if that's even what I would call it is, that if you order the same thing every time the price is different depending on who's cooking that morning. It may be $4.98 one day and $6,50 the next. I haven't said anything, as when you can get a full breakfast for under $5, I'm not going to complain on the days it's $6.50.

Visited June 2013
Massena, New York
“good homecooked food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Nana's has great breakfasts. the pancakes and omelets are huge and they have homemade toast to go with them.

Visited June 2012