“Il Classico Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Continental
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: One of the principal ingredients in fine cooking is time. Every dish at IL Classico is cooked to order, using only the finest ingredients. From the Pan Seared Veal Scaloppini to the Capellini con Frutto di Mare, we make sure every meal is prepared to perfection. We invite you to enjoy a cocktail, try our delicious appetizers or one of our fine wines while we prepare your dinner in the IL Classico tradition.
Coral Gables, Florida
“Il Classico Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

While in NY early this week, as usual I had to go to one Italian restaurant, I invited my son and his wife to Il classico Restaurant in Massapequa Park, we were delighted with the service and the food, the food was delicious (a little pricie), but what really surprise me was the fact that the restaurant was empty on a Sunday evening,

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Long Island, NY
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We attended an engagement party here and didn't know what to expect. We were delighted with the food and the service. The wait staff and management were outstanding, handling about 100 people for a sit-down dinner with ease. My veal dish and my wife's salmon were excellent. The salad consisted of a variety of chopped up ingredients over slices of fresh mozzarella. I'm not really a salad person but I ate every morsel. It was simply delicious. The experience was so good that we have decided to return for our own dinner as a couple.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
levittown, n.y.
“once well respected - now considered despicable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

After looking forward to dining at this restaurant on previous occasions - even having had a private party for my daughter's bridal shower here - my recent Saturday night visit 4/28/12, for a classy evening out, turned into an ugly and unacceptable experience. After arriving for a reserved table, but kept waiting at the bar for at least 20 minutes, we were seated and looking forward to dinner. Shortly after arriving, a group of (3) males were seated behind us. Two of which were minors. Two grown men. One of the men exhibited continous loud and obnoxious behavior, which clearly invaded the dining experience of every patron in the restaurant. The volume of his voice, his poorly chosen conversation and his eventual purposeful full throttle throwing of loud and unacceptable sounds and schreiks penetrated the entire restaurant - well into the kitchen. The manager was seen sitting with this non-human at his table for some time - looking as though he was anything but angry. If there was any regard for the other patrons, the police would have been called in to the rerstaurant to remove this low life. Instead, he was allowed to continue to resonate throughout the establishment at the cost of all those around him. The manager (Eddie) offered his apologies, but it was too little, too late. He tried to accomodate us with a gift certificate - but dinner should have been absorbed by Il Classico along with the issuance of the gift certificate. The experience was the absolute worst dining experience ever, due to the presence of this patron. Nothing but removal of this half wit would have been satisfctory for any self-respecting person. I do not know if the owner was on hand - if he was, he should be looking for a new manager. If he is not, he doesn't deserve to be in business serving the community under the guise of a respectable, class act restaurant. If I could track this guy down I would like to see him pay the price for getting away with the most deporable behavior in a public setting - where people are paying top dollar to enjoy an evening out. WHERE WAS THE OWNER ON SATURDAY NIGHT?

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
glendale, ny
“Outstanding food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

My fiancee and I currently live in Queens - we don't usually find ourselves as far east as Massapequa, but we won a contest through a limo company that awarded us a free dinner at Il Classico. We went in expecting a typical higher-end Italian meal - not that there's anything wrong with that - but we were pleasantly surprised as the food was excellent.

We ordered three items - Rigatoni a la Vodka, Chicken Franchaise and Calamari - all of which I can strongly recommend. The decor and ambiance are elgant. On the night we were there, they had a band, which was good, but not overwhelmingly noisy.

The prices are typical for upscale Italian, but not ridiculous. They have an extensive wine list to pick from.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LONG ISLAND
“Romantic Dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

After ending a hetic holiday with lots of family time, my wife needed a bit of romantic "alone" time. We started the evening with a FIRST CLASS DINING experience at Il Classico on Merrick Road in Massapequa. Ample parking can be found behind the restaurant or directly on Merrick Road. The restaurant decor is beautiful and very clean. We ordered drinks and to my surprise my Chianti glass arrived full; not just a couple of inches on the bottom! The food was terrific; service excellent.

• Visited January 2012