“Delicious fish and chips and live music on a Friday night!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Wantagh, New York
“Delicious fish and chips and live music on a Friday night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Decided to try Long Island fish and chips because we heard they had live music on Friday nights. So glad we did. We had to wait about 1/2 hour but it was worth it. We noticed the serving sizes were pretty big so we decided to split 2 dinners among the three of us, as well as each of us ordered soup. Two of us had the seafood chowder which was very good and my husband had the Manhattan clam chowder which he said was the best he has ever had. (An added plus free refills on the soup!). We also had the traditional fish and chips, delicious, and the combination platter which had fried shrimp, clams, scallops, and flounder. Also not disappointing. Bob, the musician playing had a wonderful voice and added to a complete evening. The place is small, and doesn't take reservations so expect a little wait and listen to some music.

• Visited March 2013

New York
“Great Fish n Chips; Best in New York!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I went in there one hot July afternoon with a friend. It was empty! I thought it was a bit weird to have a place empty at lunch time, so I gave my verdict before sitting down at one of the window seats: “The place has lousy food or service or both!” And I let my friend know it. Soon a lady came out of the other room with a smile and we right away told her we both wanted Fish & Chips and sodas. I always check a restaurant’s food by ordering fried fish first. I’m a restaurant guy and I have developed this method by plenty of experience. It’s my litmus order. If it comes out right; you have a restaurant that tries to give you fresh food. It comes out dry and chewy or smelly; don’t enter the place again.
Food came. Nice two pieces on each plate with Tartar Sauce. Tell you what, the fish looked very fresh and cooked to perfection; nice brown crust and fluffy. Can’t be, I said. I took a bite, Wow! Yummy! My friend looked at me too with approval. And then we attacked our food. Paid our due thanks to the owner for keeping it fresh, cook for cooking it to perfection and the waitress for all the service and non-stopping smiles!
About six months later I took my wife and our two little ones. We loved it again. No change! Same superb food! Hats off to you guys, keep it up.
You’ll see me again guys, love you.
This place offers you GREAT FISH & CHIPS. Fresh fish is their motto. Malik.

• Visited July 2012
Long Islander
“Good Tasty Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a small out of the way restaurant serving good seafood, mostly fried. Choice of eating in or take out. Good chowder and Jambalaya. The lunch specials are inexpensive and massive. One order of fish has three to four fillets along with fries and cole slaw. The service is good, friendly with no pressure. A nice change of pace between a fancy expensive restaurant and upscale fast food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baldwin, New York
“Good food in plain-Jane surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Visited in mid-afternoon on a weekday. Establishment has modest nautical appearance; is scrupulously clean. Friendly, warm, attentive service. Our party of two had NE Clam Chowder and Classic Fish & Chips and Shrimp Jambalaya. The chowder was freshly-made and generous. The fish, though in a fried batter, was unusually light. The jambalaya was well-seasoned, but not fiery. Both platters were plentiful. The coffee was excellent. The proprietor is genuinely helpful and takes pride in the restaurant. Street parking is plentiful; location is several blocks south of Southern State Pkwy. There is live music on Friday nights.

• Visited December 2012