“Great food and service, but needs updating” 4 of 5 stars
Review of sergio's italian restaurant

sergio's italian restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food and service, but needs updating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The food and the service cannot be beat! The owner takes the time to ensure that your needs are all being met, frequently stopping by the table to make sure everything is perfect. The rest of the wait staff are extremely attentive and friendly, too. The only negative I have is the decor. It is in need of an update. However, don't let this stop you from eating there. I am a regular customer, and stop in once a month. I have never been disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Massapequa, New York
“Great food, great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I have been to Sergio's a number of times, and am never disappointed! His range of dishes is tremendous, and it's all good. I've read some negative reviews here, and I just don't get it--I have never eaten anything there that wasn't superb, from lasgana to steak (including a fabulous filet mignon). As for service, I have never had a problem, the waiters are extremely attentive and so is Michael Sergio! In fact, as extensive his menu is, we ask for special dishes and Mike always accommodates. My daughter has severe food allergies and he always addresses them--no mistakes ever! Try his Chicken Michael--it's fabulous! Or Chicken with Filet Mignon. I don't understand the pricing complaints either--do those people go out to eat? Check out the place--you won't be disappointed. Yeah, the decor could be more modern--but I like classic! Most restaurants don't have character anymore.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Northport, New York
“Good Food but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We used to eat at Sergio's regularly until we went to lunch with my husbands mother. After a very tasty meal of Italian favorites they give you a few small biscotti cookies. My mother in law went to bite into one and I stopped her. The cookie had a line from being dipped into coffee and a bite taken out of it! Evidently he reuses uneaten food, so that's it for us.

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Tired, boring, antiquated decorum and food is a mystery”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

First and last time I will ever go. This is another clueless operation that its management "thinks" the economy has been keeping customers away or the weather or whatever. Truth is all it takes is a warm salami sandwich at 7-11 to keep the customers going elsewhere unless its the comatose usual elderly customers that reappear for some kind of itralian food;go figure.no pun intended.
Food was terrible and the lights dim periodically I assume the coffee pot heating coil is pulling away from the lighting. Even the dessert couldnt match a twinkee. The $16.95 meal came with a small soup bowl with warm spaghetti and bland sauce, forgetaboutit........
Long Island continues to suffer with mediocre food joints that cant even make pizza or meatballs or pounds a chicken cutlet so thin, you swear you just ate breadcrumbs with tissue paper inside....Wasnt that delish? Keep the smelling salts handy, because a cup of coffee is $2-50 and a glass of cheap wine is $9.00. What a forgetable experience, we will never go back and couldnt wait to run out the door to escape this fart...............

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
copiague
“Crappy restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Terrible serivce had my baby shower there and there was two other showers in the same room... and other customers sitting on the side of us... not private at all! Rude waiter rushed us... even the owner had a attitude... tasteless food... and cheap on the the food 17 $ a plate barely got much... not worth it!! A lot of money spend on something that wasn't worth it should of just did the shower at my house... atleast I would of enjoyed it

• Visited July 2013