“Nice place, just a little too far from main attractions” 3 of 5 stars

Holiday Inn Express Maspeth, Queen New York
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   59-40 55th Road, Maspeth, NY 11378   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special New York Savings!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maspeth
Baltimore, Canada
“Nice place, just a little too far from main attractions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Reasonably nice hotel, but wish they had queen beds instead of doubles. Carpets in rooms could use a good cleaning. The service at front desk is fantastic, very friendly and helpful. Good breakfast selection. Plan to spend about 45 minutes or so on subway to get anywhere interesting like Times Square or the Met.

Room Tip: Don't get room next to ice machine.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Maspeth, Queen New York, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear 14karat,

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

So my family & I came on vacation for 6 days I stayed in this hotel for 1 night & I regret so much! First the shuttle runs every hour or so & I needed them to pick me up at the airport I had to wait until 3 which was the hour the shuttle could come so I stayed almost 3 hours in the airport waiting incredible! Once I got to the hotel the front desk lady from the beginning was already giving us attitude for no reason I asked her I wanted to see the room I was going to stay in & she gave me this face like she didn't want to do anything. I had an extra person in the room & they where already threading us that they would charge us $20 for an extra person without any notice like really what do you care who's in the room or not they make conclusions out of nowhere. The location is horrible my room was facing a cemetery, the subway is super far, & the location does not seem pretty safe! I honestly didn't like this hotel & I would not stay here again! Specially not for the price I paid!

• Stayed July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Maspeth, Queen New York, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Michyyx3,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is always our goal to provide convenient and world class service to our guests. We apologize we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay. Please be assured that these will be looked into so our team can take actions accordingly.

Karen C
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed in this Holliday Inn Express for one night with late check in and early check out. The hotel is fine with friendly personnel. The carpet on our floor (floor C) looks like it should have been changed long ago. This created an impression that the hotel is run down. It does not seem so. Our room was clean, however alarm clock was not working.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

In town for two nights, this location was perfect as our family was attending a function in Queens, then running around Manhattan and eventually catching early flights out of LGA. Very friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms and free parking. Comp breakfast was better than most and our overall stay was very good. Would definitely recommend this hotel for family travel and look forward to a future visit.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Good hotel friendly and clean no problems wish they had more local sports channels though they should try getting direct tv dish is crappy a bit pricey for an express they charge regular rates without the ammenties from a regular holiday inn no room service, no restaurant, no bar, and no 24 hour maintenance. But at these prices they should have the ammenties

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Maspeth, Queen New York, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Ashton M,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving feedback about our hotel. I am very pleased you liked our clean rooms and the friendliness of our staff. However, I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us due to the limited channels and some aspects of our hotel service. I appreciate you letting us know about these unsatisfactory circumstances as this is our best means of improving our efforts.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Warm Regards,

Charisse V.
Jackson, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located right off the Long Island Expressway, close to Manhattan, The accommodations were excellant, clean and comfortable. The free breakfast in the morning was better than I expected, included eggs and bacon, sausage, bagels, etc. Front desk were very friendly. Parking is free but limited, arriving very late a night might require you park on the street.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Wasaga Beach, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stayed here on a trip to New York for my daughters birthday as it was close to LGA. Staff were excellent in helping us get to and from Manhattan. Shuttle was very convenient, Room was very clean and comfortable and we were able to check in early. Awesome experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Maspeth, Queen New York? Share your experiences!