Save Saved
Holiday Inn Express Maspeth, Queen New York
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   59-40 55th Road, Maspeth, NY 11378   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special New York Savings!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maspeth
New York City, New York
“Hi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last sunday it was $187 and then also they hold $50 dollars on my credit card for any damages but there was none and the guy told me that was helping me once you check out the $50 goes right back on your card its a week later now and still no $50 back on my card and I called the hotel about this and they said it takes 6-8 hours for the money to go back on my card but I told them its 3 days now haven't got nothing back then they told me it take 4 days now to get it back its 6 days now people still no $50 I will never ever go back here ever again im sorry i no its only $50 dollars but comon its $50 dollars that i work hard for not for a hotel to take and never give it back

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Maspeth, Queen New York, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear nicole0025,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Maspeth.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Jamaica, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I must admit that I enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn Express at Maspeth more than I expected. Upon arrival, I worried if I would receive quality service and amenities at a smaller hotel like this. To my amazement, everyone from house keepers, breakfast attendants to front desk was incredibly nice and willing to serve with a smile. My partner and I resisted many times when our employer suggested that we move to a different hotel.

I have since moved to an upscale hotel closer to a new work location, but I bet, I miss home at the Maspeth Holiday Inn express and all the good things I enjoyed during my long term stay.

A big thank you to staff and management at this hotel. Keep it up!

Room Tip: Double rooms gave me more leg room having stayed longer than 90 days I needed a wide area to relax a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Nice, newer (appearing) HI Express. Room was adequate, however a little small. No complaints with room. The area is scare, nothing else around for food or otherwise. Mostly an industrial area. No restaurant in the hotel, and had to call for food delivery every night or walk to the McDonalds next door. Had issues with actually getting INTO the room, as key would not work every night upon returning to the room. This because a nightly ritual. Parking can be an issue as well, lot is smaller than number of guests, and past 8pm people start parking on the sides of the building, in handicapped spots, blocking gates etc. Normally, I wouldn't care, but hotel warned me they did tow cars, but my response was where else are we supposed to park as paying guests?? Also had some minor issues with dumpsters being emptied every other night at 10pm right outside my room window. And the Coke machine being refilled at 6:15 am right outside my room.
All in all minor issue. Hotel was clean, and sleep was adequate. Add a restaurant!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel while we were visiting friends in the neighborhood. The staff was courteous, accommodating and friendly. The room and the rest of the hotel was clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was very good and the wi-fi was free. All this for a very reasonable price. We slept well and enjoyed our stay. We will certainly return when the need arises. Thank you Holiday Inn Express in Maspeth, NY for a pleasurable stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Milanhiex, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Maspeth, Queen New York, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank You for staying with us and leaving a review. It’s great to hear that you found our staff to be courteous, accommodating and friendly as well as our property to be clean and comfortable. Your feedback is what keeps our staff motivated. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.
Denver, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The room was filthy. Bathroom disgusting. You get what you pay for I guess. The location was not too desirable, but the hotel did have excellent access to car service. The staff was friendly. The lobby had some kind of fake air scent that was overpowering.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Maspeth, Queen New York, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear jeffs518,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel staff and access to car service. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wappingers Falls, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The HIE in Maspeth is about a 10 minute drive from Laguardia Airport, which is why we stayed there. The hotel is situated in a warehouse-type of neighborhood. Parking lot was small but safe (chain link fence). Room was small but clean. Beds were okay. Unfortunately our room faced I-495 with traffic noise all night ... especially the hole or bump in the road that many of the trucks seemed to hit. But the place served its purpose, as we needed to drop someone off at LGA very early in the morning, and someone else at JFK later in the morning. If you like McDonalds, there's one next door.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's not facing the interstate. Close to Laguardia airport.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Clean. Inexpensive for NYC area. Pleasant staff. Water pressure terrible as lately is a recurring issue with Holiday Inns. I wonder if it is a money saving ploy? TV was pretty poor but don't watch much. Internet service moderately weak.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express Maspeth, Queen New York? Share your experiences!