“Awful service from Michelle (night manager)” 2 of 5 stars

You added Comfort Inn & Suites Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   60-30 Maurice Avenue, Maspeth, NY 11378   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Maspeth
“Awful service from Michelle (night manager)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I arrived with my family and received an awful service from the night clerk or manager (named Michelle ... she didn't give me her lastname) with really bad attitude. I am only a client but, for sure, won't book any room in here nor recommend it.

Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The room was inexpensive. The breakfast was plentiful. The staff was pleasant. That being said, I had a very unpleasant experience at check-in. After waiting about 3 minute for someone to come out from the back to the front desk, I was given my room and key. Just then a large man came running down the stairs carry a baby in just a diaper. Two woman were running after him. One was screaming give my niece her baby, give my niece her baby. The women were in pajamas, even though it was 4 in the afternoon. The front desk clerk did nothing. The one woman called the police and told them she was living at the Comfort Inn on Maurice Ave. Her niece was pulling down her pajamas to saw the bruises the man had inflicted on her. I got my key card and went to my room. When I got to my room anaother guest stick her nose out her door and asked me if I live in the motel. I told her no and she asked if I knew how many people were living there. I had no idea. Is the hotel still housing people from Hurricane Sandy?
The incident upset me and even though I did not see these people again, I was uncomfortable the rest of the night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was near the funeral home, I was flying in and it had airport transportation. It was old and somewhat rundown (did not use fitness center). Breakfast was OK. Coffee not so much. They would have driven me to a subway stop which was nice because there were none nearby and no buses. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
norfolk,va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Attended a funeral in my old stomping grounds in Queens and the hotel was not that bad. It is on Maurice Ave which is fairly busy street and somewhat noisy. Yeah it is in NYC so don’t expect “outstanding customer service” with staff gushing over you but do expect the basic stuff, clean room, standard breakfast, etc. Several folks were using the shuttle and I didn’t hear anyone complain about anything including the shuttle. Fitness center was also very new with all equipment working. We also ordered from a pizza place called Angelo’s nearby (in hotel book) which had excellent pizza. . All said not bad for NYC and I would definitely book again if I needed to be in Queens.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Eastbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The immediate area is a bit grim, however the rooms are very good with the most confortable bed I have ever slept in. The hotel offers a free shuttle to La gaurdia airport. We stayed there during the hurricaines and could not get into new york city as the subways were closed, the hotel's shuttle bus driver Jamie was more than happy to drop us down to queens and pick us up, he has good local knowledge and recommended some good resteraunts.

Staying at the comfort inn is a good option to make your trip to NYC a bit cheaper, take the free shuttle to the subway and get the train in, it;s about $2.

The hotel offers a free breakfast, It's ok and there is plenty of it.
The staff are all really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The immediate neighborhood is a bit grim -- cemetery across the street and building materials outlet next door. The only "restaurant" within walking distance is a McDonald's. (You can order delivery from mediocre pizza place and diners.) However, the room was better than fine with great Internet, comfortable bed and good bathroom. And there is a free hourly shuttle to LaGuardia, which is what we were most interested in. Also, my wife left her glasses and when she called, within 10 minutes she got a return call saying that the glasses had been found and would be put in the mail that day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Garden Grove, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during our visit to New York City. We flew into LaGuardia and they picked us up within 15 minutes (Free airport shuttle). Jamie (the shuttle driver) shared with us about some of the highlights of the area, explained where we were and what the hotel offered. Our room was clean and comfortable. The shuttle would drop us off at the subway stop and pick us up in the evening. A very easy process. The breakfast was wonderful and there was always plenty of it. Loved the free wi-fi, free breakfast, free shuttle! The price of the hotel made visiting NYC a very reasonable event.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!