“Meet Friends Here, Food is Second” 3 of 5 stars

718-672-9696
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Maspeth
Roslyn, New York
“Meet Friends Here, Food is Second”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Grew up in Maspeth and moved to LI many years ago. O'neills is a convenient place to meet old friends for a drink and/or a meal in our old neighborhood. Great that they rebuilt after the fire. Food is OK but not anything fantastic. Still, we always seem to head to this place.

Visited December 2013

New York City, New York
“Gorgeous restaurant in Queens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had the Alaskan salmon and my husband had the Fillet Mignon which while a little bit pricey were really outstanding dishes. The lobster bisque soup was terrific, too. For side dishes we also had garlic spinach which was excellent. Have to say, the restaurant was even more beautiful than we thought it was going to be (we never went to the old one) and when we were leaving from the brick dining room to go back home and heeard the bar again, my husband remarked that he couldn't believe we never heard the bara at all during our entire dinner! We would definitely return next time we get a chance - good luck Oneils!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Woodside, New York
“Bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great food, great atmosphere, but I don't know what my waitress was doing as it had very little to do with me. If I hadn't work as a waiter in my youth, I would not have left a tip - she was not attentive to her customers. I did notice that the other waiters and waitresses were taking good care of theirs, maybe IF I go back, I'll get one of them. IF...