“Our experience at the Blakeslee House Bed & Breakfast in 3708 South Street Marce” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Blakeslee House Bed & Breakfast

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marcellus
Blakeslee House Bed & Breakfast
3708 South Street Road, Marcellus, NY 13108   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Marcellus B&B and Inns
EVERYWHERE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

Our experience at the Blakeslee House Bed & Breakfast in 3708 South Street Marcellus, NY 13108, absolutely appalling.

We left within an hour after discovering:

NO HOT WATER- in any faucet
NO PRIVACY USED soaps and lotions
NO HOSPITALITY

Their website misleads the potential customer the reality:
1. A blackface jockey statue greet you at the door that the Blakeslee's call "their little black man that has greeted people for years."

2. He ran my credit card before we even brought our luggage in and found the problems that would arise.

3. He sat right outside our room eating a muffin in his recliner, he could hear our "whispering" and claimed he thought everything was alright even though he heard us struggling with the jacuzzi- at NO point did he ask if everything was ok.

4. There was no separation between owner and guest.

5. The soaps and bathsalts were clearly old and had many previous users, lotions half empty, and a dingy rubber ducky for the tub.

6. The "his and hers" cotton robes were old, pilled, and sloppily hung on their hangers

7. The jacuzzi and all faucets had NO HOT WATER, we discovered this suspiciously after he left the house. The experience ceased to offer hope; so we packed up and left a message for the owners that we requested a partial refund at least.
Upon their call back I was curtly told that he did not understand what was wrong, "there's hot water now!" "I heard you turning it on and off, did you know how to use it?!" I was told that he had done all he could to accommodate us. I was appalled at how quickly he became belligerent with me, as there was no remorse, no apologies, only a caustic "well you saw our website!" I was shocked and a bit caught off guard that he was so mean with me, and it took me until the next morning to gather the gumption to call again, kindly asked for the Blakeslees to consider at least a partial refund, as students we saved and budgeted the money to afford this getaway-turn-disaster, a partial refund for the lack of rendered services would be encouraging. At this point Mr. Blakeslee was clearly argumentative and told me next time we should stay at a hotel, and that once we had left "...he clearly couldn't do business with us."

I contacted the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU and was told that the Blakeslee's were of NO obligation to refund me at all. I had to pay $152.75 for a room that I didn't even use, that had no hot water!

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Still looking for a hotel?
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marcellus
Skaneateles Suites 5.0 of 5 stars 519 reviews Birds Nest Motel 3.0 of 5 stars 56 reviews
View all 0 hotels in Marcellus, ranked by popularity

Been to Blakeslee House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!