“A True B&B.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blakeslee House Bed & Breakfast

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marcellus
Blakeslee House Bed & Breakfast
You added Blakeslee House Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
3708 South Street Road, Marcellus, NY 13108   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Marcellus B&B and Inns
vermont
“A True B&B.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I greatly enjoyed our three night stay in the Finger Lake area at the Blakeslee House B&B. The rooms were spotless, and comfortable. The breakfasts were tasty and attractively presented. Bev and Dave were gracious hosts as they shared their home with us and provided stories of local interest. Their experience in the field of antiques was evident in the decor of the home which gave a true B&B feeling. The location was perfect for us as it was near the home of our son, daughter in law and grandson. Situated between Syracuse and Skaneateles there were many amenities near by. We stayed in the middle of winter with weather that was complete with snow and frigid temperatures outside yet we were comfortable and well fed. It was a true delight.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Business
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Blakeslee House during our wedding and it was great! Dave and Bev, the owners, are very friendly and accommodating. The bed was so comfortable and the bathroom had a great jacuzzi tub. My bridesmaids all got ready in our suite so there was plenty of room.

The food was great as well. I would definitely recommend staying here if you're in the area!

• Liked — The food, the room...the BED was soooo comfortable
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cambridge, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

Me and my (now) wife stayed at the Blakeslee House Bed and Breakfast for our wedding.

My sister booked the B&B (from her home in Thailand) for us as an engagement gift.

Bev and Dave were really nice. We were a bit worn out from all the planning, traveling and visiting, and Bev made sure we were comfortable, and then gave us our privacy.

If you stay there, request Bev’s southwest breakfast thing (I can’t remember the real name), it was so good!

All in all it was a lovely experience, and just what we needed.

• Liked — The owners
  • Disliked — -
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2007

I have stayed at the Blakeslee House several times in the last two years. My kids are students at Syracuse U. It is an outstanding place run by two completely lovely, caring people, Bev and Dave Blakeslee. Set into the rolling hills of Marcellus, amid trees and flowers, it is peaceful and gorgeous. Breakfasts are out of this world. Bev often has fresh cookies in the evening. Their sweet dog, Muffin, adds to the friendly experience. Rooms are simply beautiful and maintenance is impeccable. I recommend it without hesitation for travelers who enjoy a small B&B and want to be treated royally.

• Liked — Beautiful, personal attention, quiet, excellent food, lovely owners
  • Disliked — Nothing. Loved eveything. Have returned many times.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
EVERYWHERE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

Our experience at the Blakeslee House Bed & Breakfast in 3708 South Street Marcellus, NY 13108, absolutely appalling.

We left within an hour after discovering:

NO HOT WATER- in any faucet
NO PRIVACY USED soaps and lotions
NO HOSPITALITY

Their website misleads the potential customer the reality:
1. A blackface jockey statue greet you at the door that the Blakeslee's call "their little black man that has greeted people for years."

2. He ran my credit card before we even brought our luggage in and found the problems that would arise.

3. He sat right outside our room eating a muffin in his recliner, he could hear our "whispering" and claimed he thought everything was alright even though he heard us struggling with the jacuzzi- at NO point did he ask if everything was ok.

4. There was no separation between owner and guest.

5. The soaps and bathsalts were clearly old and had many previous users, lotions half empty, and a dingy rubber ducky for the tub.

6. The "his and hers" cotton robes were old, pilled, and sloppily hung on their hangers

7. The jacuzzi and all faucets had NO HOT WATER, we discovered this suspiciously after he left the house. The experience ceased to offer hope; so we packed up and left a message for the owners that we requested a partial refund at least.
Upon their call back I was curtly told that he did not understand what was wrong, "there's hot water now!" "I heard you turning it on and off, did you know how to use it?!" I was told that he had done all he could to accommodate us. I was appalled at how quickly he became belligerent with me, as there was no remorse, no apologies, only a caustic "well you saw our website!" I was shocked and a bit caught off guard that he was so mean with me, and it took me until the next morning to gather the gumption to call again, kindly asked for the Blakeslees to consider at least a partial refund, as students we saved and budgeted the money to afford this getaway-turn-disaster, a partial refund for the lack of rendered services would be encouraging. At this point Mr. Blakeslee was clearly argumentative and told me next time we should stay at a hotel, and that once we had left "...he clearly couldn't do business with us."

I contacted the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU and was told that the Blakeslee's were of NO obligation to refund me at all. I had to pay $152.75 for a room that I didn't even use, that had no hot water!

Been to Blakeslee House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!