“Hpt Dog Memories” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Ca
“Hpt Dog Memories”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

Great dogs when not overcooked! Love the double dogs. Less bun and more dog.. It is older than I am. Outdoor tables need attention and cleaning regularly. They are uncomfortable and too low to the ground. That's all there is, take out or picnic tables in the yard.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Walter's....Not all Hot Dogs are created equal !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

There is no doubt about it, Walter's Hot dogs are very, very good. Is it worth the wait on line, or a long drive...you have to decide for yourself, HOWEVER, if you are in the area or nearby these are the best hot dogs for miles and miles....different too ! They split the hot dog for grilling and place them on a buttered/grilled bun which gives them a great grilled snap when eating...You can even get a double/two dogs on a single bun, plus the usual fare of french fries and soda. When in Mamaroneck/Westchester County it is worth the stop at this vintage outdoor Snack Bar...Enjoy !

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York
“If you want the basics”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

Hotdogs and fries are good. Franks are split in half and can order 2 and get one bun. Can get half hotdog for kids. Several varieties of fries..sweet potato, curly and regular. Has picnic tables in back.. Lines are always long and across from HS so busy during school time lunch too.

New York
“Best Hot Dogs in the Universe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

I don't really like hot dogs. But I really like Walter's hot dogs. Confused? Read on.

I grew up in a neighboring town to Mamaroneck. Some of my high school friends dragged me to Walter's for lunch over two decades ago. I now travel over 30 miles from where I live when I get a craving these amazing hot dogs.

These dogs are different. They are a very pale pink in color -- less red and artificial looking than your normal dog. The texture is light and crisp, not squishy and watery like most dogs I've tried. They are split down the middle and cooked on a griddle.

They taste great. I'm told that they use a combination of different meats in their recipe. To be honest, I don't really want to know what's in there, as long as its legal. There are no toppings available other than a classic mustard/relish combo. You can also order plain mustard or ketchup, but nothing more. Fries and shakes are good, too.

Lines can be long in the summer. Prices have gone up over the years, but it's still worth it.

Virginia
“Walter's is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

Walter's has the best hot dogs in the world! I went to high school across from Walter's, and for two of our reunions we have had our Saturday picnics there. Even my son-in-law, who is a fussy eater, liked the hot dogs. Next time I go back up there, I will bring home some of their great mustard.