I stayed at this hotel for one night, just so my mom, sister, and I could go to a concert at SPAC. The hotel was very clean and very nice. I wish our stay was longer so I had a chance to try out all the amenities it offered.
First off, it is right off the highway. It did take us a few minutes to figure out the roundabout you need to go through in order to get to the hotel but once I figured it out it was very simple.
The staff was extremely pleasant when checking in and the lobby area was very nice and clean. There was a fitness center and an indoor pool with a hot tub on the first level. I would have loved to use the hot tub but we didn't have enough time for that.
We were on the fourth floor which was nice. The hallways were very quiet and you couldn't hear guests on the other sides of the walls which was nice. The only problem we ran into was when we first opened the door, there was this very musty/dirty water smell in the room. I quickly turn on the AC to circulate the air and in about ten minutes it was gone. The rooms were very big and spacious. We could have easily fit 6 people in the room as there were two queen beds and a queen sized pullout sofabed. Surprisingly the pullout sofabed was comfortable. I've used them in past hotel stays and some of them are very flimsy and not sturdy at all. This sofabed was actually very sturdy and very comfortable. The room had a mini fridge which was also a nice addition. A microwave would have been nice too if we had stayed longer but it didn't really matter to us for the one night.
There was a nice bar off the lobby that we would have used had we stayed another night or two. The breakfast in the morning was very delicious. It didn't have as many items as I thought but it was enough for me. The breakfast sandwiches were especially tasty on the biscuits. There was also a lot of fresh fruit sitting on the counters throughout the day so I'm assuming you can always help yourself if you want to.
They also have a 24/7 gallery menu so you can order food at any hour which is a very nice setup for some people I'm sure.
The hotel was at most, only ten minutes from Saratoga Springs, and was very close to lots of shopping and restaurants either 10 minutes north or 10 minutes south.
I would definitely stay here again and hopefully next time it will be for a few days.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Saratoga / Malta Hotel Malta
- Hyatt Place Saratoga / Malta Hotel
- Hyatt Place Malta
- Hyatt Place Saratoga
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saratoga's new all-suite hotel. Down bedding, sectional sofas and 42" HD Plasma TVs in all rooms. Free breakfast and WiFi available. Gallery Cafe features Starbucks coffee, beer& wine service and a variety of grab-n-go snacks and light entrees. State-of-the-art fitness center, heated indoor pool & whirlpool on-site. Only 10 minutes from Saratoga Springs and 20 minutes from Albany, NY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Place Saratoga / Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.