“Almost perfect....” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Malone
“Almost perfect....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I stay here regularly when on business. This is the first time that there were some glitches. I have a favorite room on the 4th floor. This time, I lugged some of my bags up there, only to find that the elevator was broken. As the hotel staff could not guarantee that it would be fixed by the next day, I was offered a room on the first floor, which I took. The staff did offer to help me with my bags. I didn't like the layout of this room. The flat screen TV doesn't turn towards the table and chairs in the corner of the room, so one can only view the television from the beds. A light bulb was burned out in the bathroom (i reported it, and it was fixed the following day). At breakfast the first day, there were no little milk cartons left, and none would be available until the next day. So, I hope this doesn't portend that this little gem of a hotel is starting its decline. We will see!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Terry_Hammond12953, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Malone, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you Nancy for taking the time to write a review, we are sorry that this past stay did not live up to the previous stays as well as the level of service that the entire team works daily on providing. The elevator was down and it was frustrating for all of us, we tried our best to work with the situation as well as get the elevators fixed as quickly as possible. The elevator is all repaired now thankfully. I will look into your comments about the TV not being able to be viewed from the seating area to see what we can do to make that comfortable to future guests in the room. I am also sorry we were out of the 1/2 pints of milk, we do an order twice a week and rarely run out of things, I will look at our inventory levels to see if we need to increase them or if this was just a one time occurance after a busy event. We do appreciate your honest feedback and will take all of it to better serve our guests in the future. We look forward to your next visit to Malone and trust all will be as you have always experienced it to be and more !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bangor, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is an up-to-date hotel with clean, comfortable rooms that are relatively spacious. Check-in was quick and easy. The elevator is a bit slow, but it's a minor issue. One of our key cards did not function, resulting in a lock-out and a trip to the front desk. The bathroom was spotless and had good water pressure, even on the fourth floor. The king size bed was firm and quite comfortable. In-room wi-fi worked but the signal was marginal. The television was a 32 inch flat screen that operates from a cable box. There are a lot of channels, including all the HBO east coast feeds, with many in HD. The guide, however, can be a challenge and takes a bit of effort to figure out. The pool area is exceptional, and there is a very large hot tub. The fitness room is typically small but well equipped. The breakfast room is relatively spacious and has the usual motel fare - cereal, yogurt, fruit, assorted danish, and toast/bagels. There is a pancake machine and hot scrambled eggs & bacon, though they are likely pre-packaged. All-in-all a decent breakfast, though not great. This is probably the most expensive hotel in Malone, but it's actually a very reasonable rate, all things considered. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you like to keep an eye on your car, get a room on the back side and park out back. Front parking...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Terry_Hammond12953, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Malone, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you BGRCHIP for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. It was very detailed and extremely helpful to all who will read it. Our entire staff enjoys reading the feedback on the hotel that our guests leave. We look forward to your next stay at the hotel,
North Lawrence, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We spent a night here, very CLEAN and the kids loved the pool. The breakfast was very good and a lot to choose from. My kids loved the Pancake machine. Comfortable beds, only thing is there was not a crib available , the place was very busy. My key cards wouldn't work for anything bu my door, which wasn't that big of a deal overall very nice place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you LOVEBALANCE for leaving a review on our hotel. I am glad that your family enjoyed the pancake maker and the pool. We are very proud of our large spacious pool house and it gets alot of use and praise from our guests. I am sorry that we were not able to provide a crib during your stay. The next time you are traveling to the area please feel free to contact the hotel directly in advance to reserve that. We rarely have all of our cribs in use at one time, but obviously this did occur during your stay at the hotel. I am sorry we were unable to accomidate your request. We looking forward to serving you and your family on your next visit to Malone.
Kingston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great to make a reservation with the actual hotel. Concierge was very knowledgable.A lot of staff cleaning rooms. Immaculate facilities.
My children will not stay anywhere else and this hotel did not fail us. Local ski hill was great and we got money off the next door restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello SEANS, thank you for you review. I am glad you and your family were able to enjoy our hotel, pool, the restaurant next door and Titus Mnt Ski area. Even though Malone is a smaller town, we do have many family friendly things to do and they all seem to be right at your finger tips from our hotel. So thank you for mentioning all of them in your review.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The breakfast was nice and stocked as soon as everything finished. They have a nice selection of bagels, muffins, scrambled eggs, sausage, etc.

The hotel is right on route 11 .. up the road (probably a 3-5 minute drive) is a super walmart.

The room was nicely decoracted and clean. However , the bed was a little shaky .. but then again I'm use to a firm mattress.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
STEPHLUVUS2TRAVEL, thank you for taking the time to write a review on the hotel. We appreciate it as well as our guests who have never stayed with us appreciate your insights as well. If you would be so kind to contact the hotel and let us know what room you were in I will make sure the bed is in 100% working order in the room you stayed in.
syracuse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 2 nights ! The staff is super friendly, the rooms are spotless, the breakfast was perfectly stocked at all times. The pool and hot tub are spacious and sparkling clean ! There is no other choice for lodging in this area that I would even consider, I think I would drive about an hour out of my way to stay here ! Had the pleasure of meeting the general manager Terry Hammond at breakfast he is absolutely committed to the superior hotel experience of each and every guest ! Keep up the good work... looking forward to my next trip when the snow is on the ground so I can go skiing at the mountain near by !

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you DEDESYR for the kind review and even mentioning me in your review. We loved the pictures you added during your stay, that is even more helpful to other guests reading your review. We look forward to your next stay at our hotel and hope you were able to get some ski time in this winter. I think we may have gotten a bit more snow in Malone than Syracuse this winter.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Totally enjoyed staying at this hotel. Clean, bright, friendly staff. Overnight room was clean, QUIET and comfortable. Pillows were a little lumpy - but that's my fault for not bringing my own. Morning breakfast was okay - the basic - bagels, coffee, etc. - really fun pancake making machine.....Staff on on point to keep things cleaned up and stocked. From check in to check out - a positive experience. Will definitely stay here on future trips to Malone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Malone? Share your experiences!