“It's all about breakfast...well, more” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Mahopac
Cuisines: American
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“It's all about breakfast...well, more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Someone local suggested we try this place for breakfast, so we did. Here is a small rustic cafe tucked away in a small town.
They specialize in pancakes and do other delightful breakfasts as well. I had the corned beef hash and eggs served with homefries, my wife had biscuits and gravy topped with an egg.
The hash and homefries were both excellent. The other items were good as well. "Lee" was there to greet us and checked frequently to see to it that we were enjoying the experience. Think 1950's type diner, no chrome or shiny neon signs. Prompt helpful service with a smile.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Somers, New York, USA
“Excellent Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I cannot believe I am the first to review this restaurant on Tripadvisor. It was Palm Sunday and as we drove down RT 6 we spotting a person in an Easter Bunny costume jumping up and down directing people into the parking lot. We parked and as we entered the very small restaurant (kind of like an old boxcar diner) we were greeted at the door. There were no tables available for 4 so we decided to sit at the counter. We were promptly greeted by our server who offered us drinks and our menus; I was even offered a newspaper. Pancakes seem to be the specialty. My wife has a gluten allergy and we noticed they offered gluten free pancakes, which my wife decided to try. I tried the big country breakfast. Once we all placed our order and the owner/chef saw we ordered the gluten free pancakes he began to kid with my wife that his pancakes would be the best she ever had. Lee I think that is his name seemed to really enjoy his work and seemed to know many of his customers by name. The staff all young women really hustled and knew what they were doing. They all had on bunny ear or tails and seemed to all be so happy. Our food was all excellent and the portions are enormous. My big country breakfast was actually enough for 2 people. My wife loved her gluten free pancakes. Regarding preparation the grill was directly in front of us and when preparing my wife’s pancakes he totally cleaned the grill and made her pancakes without any other pancakes being put on the grill until hers were removed from the grill. My wife did concede that his pancakes were the best gluten free pancakes she ever had. I highly recommend this little spot for a great breakfast. Lee mentioned they will be opening a deck in the back for when the weather gets better. We look forward to going back and trying the backyard deck.

• Visited March 2013